It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 03:57 PM   #1

RebelRocker HB User
Small pimple sized lump on edge of anus

I just noticed this today. It causes slight discomfort when I poop. I'm not sure what to equate it to other than the tenderness of a pimple or the pain you get when you pass a hard or sharp poop.

It hasn't been there for very long. I examined it with a mirror and it looks like a little pea sized bump that is slightly lighter in color than the other skin in the area. It felt slightly warm as well, possibly irrated from me looking at it. It isn't solid at all. Infact it felt like i could squish it.

Does anyone know what I should do? For now, I'm just cleaning well when I go to the washroom and soak/flush the region while having a bath or shower.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:13 PM   #2

RebelRocker HB User
Re: Small pimple sized lump on edge of anus

Please?!
I'm going to assume from the people who looked and said nothing, that it doesnt sound very serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
(female)

Rolex HB User

I think it could be a polup. Maybe you should have a Doctor (qualified for that area)
take a look.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

It could also be an external hemorrhoid, a blocked pore, a cyst or even an abscess.

Applying hydrocortisone cream for a few days might help as well as what you're already doing.

In any event, you are best to get it investigated by a doc if it's not going away and go from there.

Keep us posted as to what happens.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 10-26-2004 at 02:43 AM.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:53 AM   #5

RebelRocker HB User

I actually examined it closer lastnight and it is in fact purple and resembles a vein.
How long should one typical allow for natural healing before seeking medical advice?

Old 10-26-2004, 05:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Ok that makes it sound like a hemorrhoid. There are several different over the counter treatment you can use for that. The most important thing you can do is to work to make sure that your stools are always soft enough to pass quickly and easily. The most important point is to keep your water intake high. Once you have your water intake up to 64 ounces or more, then increase your fiber intake to give you at least one, if not two, very comfortable stools a day. Until very modern times, it was normal for people to have two or three bowel movements a day. Our diets have changed but our bodies needs have not.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

That would be an external hemorrhoid. Ditto to the above suggestions.

Hydrocortisone cream (over the counter) helps. I use Cortate applied externally a few times a day.

Don't strain when having a bm....that will exacerbate it as well.

If no improvement over the week, Proctocetyl by prescription works quickly.

Hope it's fleeting!
quincy

Old 10-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #8

RebelRocker HB User

Well there is very little pain. A very slight itch that you almost have to consciously think about to feel. I just can feel it with my finger and have used a small mirror to look at. It looks like a small little purple nub.

I have been eating All Bran Buds and drinking 2-3 500mL bottles of water a day, so I think I should be alright.

Last edited by RebelRocker; 10-26-2004 at 07:07 PM.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:51 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

The way to tell if you are doing ok there is the quality of your stools. If they are well formed and not at all hard then you are probably ok. My guess is that you should be closer to 2 liters of water a day. A lot depends on your climate and activity level.

My guess is that you have a small hemorrhoid. If your stools are good, it will likely go away after a while.

Old 10-27-2004, 06:27 AM   #10

RebelRocker HB User

Thanks a lot guys.
I hate it how everything I seem to get is more than slightly "taboo" or things that you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents or close friends about. Such is life.

Anyways, I've been trying to consume a lot of water. What sort of foods are high in fibre?

Old 10-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Ok. Get your water to about a full 2 liters. Look of the labels of foods to see what their fiber content is. Fresh fruits and vegetables often have the largest amount of fiber. Peanuts and shelled sunflower seeds are also good.

Closed Thread