It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2004, 06:40 AM   #1

eric_spunge HB User
Why do I keep Tensing my stomach/anus?

Hi, was just wondering if any1 can help with this problem I have...

I am constantly tensing up my stomach and/or my bowels/anus/rectum and I have no idea why I do it. It feels kinda like a discomfort or a nervous twitch.
I have been to the doctors and he said they was nothing to be worried about im just nervous, but the fact is I have nothing to worry about in my life really, so I'm pretty sure Im not anxious about things.

Recently my BM has been quite runny, I wouldn't quite call it diarrhea (sp??), but its more runny than, say, 3 months ago and before. The good news is that since all this started I go for a BM everyday, rarely tho, I need to go twice a day. It's the fact that the slight runny/soft stool which gets a ever slight worried. But the tensing of my bowels is the most important issue, it makes me feel like I have something blocked up inside there somewhere.

The tensing of bowels also makes me feel tired, I walked up to uni yesterday and it made me feel like I ran a marathon I thought I was about to callapse.

I had better stop writing before it gets too long winded, can any1 please help me? What am I got or need to do?

Thanx, Eric Spunge

Last edited by eric_spunge; 10-26-2004 at 06:41 AM.

Old 10-26-2004, 07:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User
Re: Why do I keep Tensing my stomach/anus?

Eric,

I am posting because this was my experience back in May and for a few months after. I went through three weeks of awful diarreah with mucous then severe fatigue set in as well as other issues like my body temperature dropped consistantly with my blood pressure. I was labeled with IBS at first but sensed there was something more wrong because I started having so many symptoms...some neurological. I was also extremely dizzy and nauseas - I lost 15 lbs. in three weeks.

I would walk around and my stomach would be completely tensed up - it was completely unconscious. I was having anxiety but that is part of the lyme too. In the early days in felt like something was lodged in my lower left quadrant of my colon and sometimes the right.

It turns out for me after 6 months that I have lyme disease and a tick coinfection called babesiosis. I don't remember being bitten nor did I ever have a bull's eye rash.

I tell you this not to scare you but to keep it on your radar if you start having additional symptoms. The fatigue I had was debilitating and I had exercise intolerance along with alcohol and caffeine intolerance.

Everyone who has lyme has different combinations of symptoms and severity. The coinfections are common and can be transmitted by the same tick. They can be as bad or worse then lyme.

I had 4 blood tests before it was found by a specialty lab out in California called IgeneX. I just can't wonder what would have happened had I assumed it was just IBS and took the prescription meanwhile my whole body and central nervous system was under attack.

If you have been in an environment where a tick could have easily bitten you and my symptoms ring true to you in any way go to the lyme area here on the boards.

Take care and hope you feel better soon. And I sincerely hope you are not dealing with lyme - it is no picnic.

ncgirl88

Last edited by ncgirl88; 10-26-2004 at 07:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2004, 07:28 AM   #3

eric_spunge HB User

Hi ncgirl 88 thank you for ur reply...

When I say I tense up my stomach and Bowels, I mean I tense it up delibrately. U know like when you have a nervous twitch? U feel better when you twitch, it's a bit like that...

I wanna know that would the tensing of my bowels damage it? Considering it isn't already damaged? Thanks again... Eric Spunge

Old 10-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Ah - I see - sorry I misunderstood you. Well probably good I posted just in case in the future someone is having problems like mine.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:52 AM   #5

eric_spunge HB User

Any1 else got any advice???

Old 10-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #6

health_freak HB User

That sounds like a bit like the problem I have, I'm constantly stressed out and even when I think I'm relaxed, my stomach is actually really tense. The only time I'm completely stress-free is when I have nobody around. Is this sort of what you feel? Sounds psychological so the main cure is to RELAX. Unfortunately, it's hard to actually do. About the twitches, where exactly to you get them?

Closed Thread