It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #1

funknuts HB User
very gassy in the morning

Every Morning I wake up to go to work I am very gassy. It usually leads to me using the bathroom very often that day which is embarassing. I drink a good amount of soda, can the carbonation from that cause this. I do mean every single morning too. its really frustrating. is ther any medicine or is it my diet. what can I eat? thanks a lot.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:56 AM   #2

health_freak HB User
Re: very gassy in the morning

The soda could definitely be one of the causes. For some people activated charcoal pills work, but they haven't worked for me at all. I've also been truing to find a med. for the gas, but I don't think there is one. You should get your intestine into shape, so eliminate any sort of junk food (people tend to think some foods don't have anything harmful in them, so be careful). I'm trying to eliminate sugars and dairy products and hafto see how it goes. Is your stomach better off if you don't eat the night before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2004, 12:58 PM   #3

funknuts HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by health_freak
The soda could definitely be one of the causes. For some people activated charcoal pills work, but they haven't worked for me at all. I've also been truing to find a med. for the gas, but I don't think there is one. You should get your intestine into shape, so eliminate any sort of junk food (people tend to think some foods don't have anything harmful in them, so be careful). I'm trying to eliminate sugars and dairy products and hafto see how it goes. Is your stomach better off if you don't eat the night before?
well i always eat right before i go to bed its a very bad habbit but i get so hungry late at night. i never really tried to not eat before i went to bed. but do you mean right before you go to bed or how long do you mean? whatever it is i never tried it lol. i get alot of the symptoms people talk about that go with irritable bowl syndrome. i get up in the morning and get bad pains and then let loose on the toilet lol. but it only happens in the morning. i used to have a job where i worked 3-10 at night and never experienced it once no gas, nothin. not as bad as this anyway. only in the mornings its really wierd. its been like this for about 10 years just thought it was just the way i was. i just cant take it anymore it's so annoying. if i feel it coming on in the morning does pepto bismol work?

Old 10-27-2004, 02:28 PM   #4

health_freak HB User

Well if you get it only in the morning, that shows that maybe what you ate at night was digested properly, or perhaps you eat too heavily at night? Going to bed right after eating a meal is unhealthy, and it could give one gas. The fact that after you relief =) yourself, you feel better (right?), shows that the food was not digested properly, you are too full and need to let it out.
You should try eating a really early dinner, or exercising after a while after dinner, that way, when you go to sleep, your stomach will be better off.

Old 10-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #5

funknuts HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by health_freak
Well if you get it only in the morning, that shows that maybe what you ate at night was digested properly, or perhaps you eat too heavily at night? Going to bed right after eating a meal is unhealthy, and it could give one gas. The fact that after you relief =) yourself, you feel better (right?), shows that the food was not digested properly, you are too full and need to let it out.
You should try eating a really early dinner, or exercising after a while after dinner, that way, when you go to sleep, your stomach will be better off.
thanks dude appreciate it

Closed Thread