It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2004, 10:16 AM   #1
Veteran

bullun HB User
Bowel smells, copper?? !

Along with an asundry of other symptoms i.e., diarrhea, abomdinal cramps. I've noticed my bowel movements do not have their same odor. They do tend to smell, best described like copper (i.e. pennies). Someone else posted something similar on here. Has anyone heard of this or have a clue??

Old 10-28-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
(male)

Nitehawk HB User
Re: Bowel smells, copper?? !

I posted the following 10-16-04 and got zero responses and also would like to find out why this is?

"I've had a long history of IBS, Gall Bladder and Gerd problems. Lately I've started having three or four BM's a day with lots of cramping that smell very strongly of copper? Like a sack of old pennies. I asked my Internal Meds Doc about it and he didn't seem to know why? I am not taking any vitamins or supplements that would cause this either. Thought maybe someone here could help out."

Nitehawk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #3
Veteran

bullun HB User

Nitehawk, maybe its a sign of some type of malabsorption for us? That we're lacking nutrients of some kind. Just a guess. I get to see a GI doc soon. I'll let you know if they think of anything.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

I wonder if it is irratable bowel syndrome? It seem like my bowels generally reflect other things that are going on in life. Like stress, changes in diet, sleep scheduless, etc. You might also look for changes in these things.

Old 10-31-2004, 06:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User

Are you taking Iron supplements or maybe storing iron in your body from iron from food ?

Old 11-01-2004, 05:19 AM   #6
Veteran

bullun HB User

If anything I am most likely lacking iron.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
(male)

payton HB User

this sounds to me like a malabsorption issue for sure. are yoiu on any meds. how long. alot of times meds in general can casue a range of gastritis. ranging from slight to severe, as well as inhibiting the absorption of fats. nwo if you are not absorbing the fats you are probably not absorbing your fat soluble vit's, I.E. ADKE. i am not sure but this may be of some help to you and good luck. celiac dz. produces very pungent and metallic smells as well.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:36 PM   #8
Veteran

bullun HB User

Well, I am going to a GI doc, to investigate, because I've been having digestive upset for months now. (i.e., abdominal pain, diarrhea, fatigue etc.) So I am suspsicous of celiac disease, or lactose intolerance etc. Not to mnetion I've lost weight, which is another sign to me, somethings not being absorbed or handled properly..thanks for the input!

Closed Thread