It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2002, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

MLWC HB User
Exclamation progesterone and constipation?!

So I've read recently that an increase in progesterone (like when one is pregnant or between the time of ovulation and menstruation) can cause constipation in women. Now, while I've been having problems for a while (despite my fiber therapy, water, good diet and exercise), I notice that it's MUCH worse around this time...

and so, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what one can do during this time? Is it okay to be taking a stool softener temporarily but every month when this happens? (that somehow doesn't seem right, but thought I'd ask)

I am finding that fiber and water just aren't working and I am in terrible shape with passing hard stools, pain and sometimes cramping and bleeding.

Does anyone else experience this?? I'm feeling like a fish out of water sometimes...
thank you everyone....
MLWC

PS--psyllium husk CAPSULES...good or bad? just curious

Old 09-24-2002, 09:19 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
If you are bleeding with stools at this time of the month you need to be sure to keep them soft. Using a stool softener at this time of the month would be fine. How often and how much of your brand of fiber therapy are you using daily. You may need to increase the amount or how often you take it. Also be sure you are getting plenty of exercise at that time of the month as well as all month long. Also add prunes or prune juice to your daily routine to help with your bowels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread