It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

lismark HB User
Post ?'s about hemorroids

Ok, I'm not sure who else to ask because this is embarrassing but I think Ihave hemorroids.. On Friday I tried to go to the bathroom and it hurt very badly! felt like I was trying to pass knives! There was some blood too. So it sounds like hemorroids right? i've been uncomfortable down there ever since. Also, I didn't go to the bathroom again till Tuesday and I'm also wondering how often you should go to the bathroom. I remember I had lots of problems as a kid down there and I'm wondering if this is all related. Any help would be really appreciated! thanks

Old 11-15-2002, 07:25 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Your stool sounds like it is hard as well as hard to pass and this indicates constipation. It is not how often you go but the consistency of your stools and since you indicate they are hard to pass that would be a good sign of constipation. You need to add some fiber therapy 2-3 times daily to your routine by using something like Metamucil. Also since you are having some trouble with rectal bleeding and pain you should get this checked out by the doc to be sure you don't have a tear or something in the anal region. Increase your natural fiber intake too and be sure to drink plenty of water. Also add prunes or prune juice to your daily routine as this will help with your bowels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread