It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2002, 03:20 PM   #1

JaneDoe126 HB User
Post Stomach Pains & Bloating

About once every few months I get these terrible stomach pains and bloating. I don't know how to relieve the pain at all. Although the pain tends to occur at the very beginning of a meal (even if I have only had a bite of food) I can't seem to attribute it to any particular foods, dairy, etc. At its worst, it often has me doubled over in pain and takes hours or up to a day to completely go away. The days I am in pain I can't focus on anything else. I have tried Gas-X, Maalox, Tums, etc. and nothing relieves the pain or pressure. Sometimes lying down with a heating pad on my stomach helps, but that is not always an option. I think it is just gas, but I am not sure. The pain and bloating are my only symptoms. FYI: I am 25 yrs. old.

Can anyone recommend tips, advice or an over the counter or at home remedy??? Please advise!

Old 11-18-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Try using good old bicarbanate of soda aka baking soda in water. The directions for how much to use should be on the box some place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2002, 07:29 AM   #3

JaneDoe126 HB User
Thanks! I once tried 2 doses of Extra-Strength Alka Seltzer and it worked pretty well. (That is sodium bicarbonate,too.) Other times, it didn't work at all!

Old 11-20-2002, 07:44 AM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
I almost forgot one other suggestion. You may want to try charcoal tablets/capsules as those can be helpful too. 7-up is also good for helping to bring up gas if you drink it straight down and not just sip it slowly.

Old 11-20-2002, 08:01 AM   #5

JaneDoe126 HB User
Thanks...and, again, I neglected to mention that I have tried those too! They work well, it's just that I recently had a huge bloating/stomach pain attack where both the Alka Seltzer AND charcoal tablets didn't work. That is what ultimately drove me to write to this message board.

Please keep the tips going!

Closed Thread