It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2002, 10:46 AM   #1

TwentyQuestions HB User
Question Weightlifting & Bloody Stools

I have blood in my stool. Not much blood, just red swaths on the actual stool. I have yet to have a colonoscopy or some of the other tests that are typically run in such a situation. In the meantime, a pharmacist told me that weightlifting can cause strain in the colon area, which can cause fissures or wounds which can bleed, etc. Has anyone had experience with blood in their stools that a doctor has attributed to lifting weights? Anyone know the solution to such a situation? I'm not really interested in giving up the weight lifting.

Old 11-21-2002, 10:45 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
There is no magical solution to your problem until you see the doc and get checked out to find out where the bleeding is coming from. Call the clinic and set up an appointment with the doc to get this checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread