It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2002, 05:00 AM   #1

Spirit HB User
Question acidolfilus

I started on a different acidolifuls cause I felt the natures sunshine brand was not doing anything. Am taking edom acidolifilus with apple pectin now. Since I started I am having upper abdomen bloating and fullness. Is this normal-is it killing something in my gut? Also another problem I have to elimate but all I do is pass gas and have small bits of hard stool in rectum. Rectum is all stretched out and feels like something is catching on something. I do have back problems can something be going on in low back to prevent elimation? Am nausea too-but think it is cause I am full of gas.

Old 11-21-2002, 06:36 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Has your gas subsiding now that your body is used to the metamucil? I am not sure if the acidophillis would cause gas and I am sure Harry is better qualified to comment on that. As for small hard pieces of stool.........sounds like you need increase your metamucil to 3 times per day and be sure to increase your water intake. You mention back problems and I am wondering if by chance you are on prescription pain medication for the pain? Many prescription pain killers can cause constipation. Be sure to drink prune juice or eat prunes regularly and why not get some of the dehydrated fruit to snack on. If you haven't had an adaquate BM by the third day then consider using a glycerin suppository.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2002, 12:06 PM   #3

Spirit HB User
No I am not on meds for pain. How much metamucil can be taken a day?

Old 11-21-2002, 10:50 PM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Metamucil can be taken up to three times daily. The amounts to use for each dose are listed on the package. You can also read the dosages for each type of metamucil at their website. The main thing to remember is that it must be taken with a full 8oz glass of fluid.

Closed Thread