It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2002, 01:44 AM   #1
Makkankosappo

Unhappy Leakage of feces!

Should I see a doctor about this, rather embarassing, problem ?
I've had this problem since Elementary school (I'm 19, and in college now), but has
worsened big-time within the last 2 years.

Basically, when I take a crap (sorry, but that's what I call it), my feces is really thick and gooie.
Because of my crap's texture, some of it remains in
my arse, and wont come out no matter how long I sit there and wait. Then when I get up and either stand around, walk around, or sitting down in class,
I can feel feces begin to "leak" out. When that happens, I head right to the restroom and wipe up.
If I don't, I'll stain my undies and I'll smell like crap, literally. Often times, I have to get up and go wipe up every 10 or 15 minutes. It often goes on for a couple of hours after a bowel movement (that sound better?), and it's annoying as hell!
Totally bothers me at work, at school, and interferes with my social life.

I've been drinking a lot of water, and taking Metamucil. Metamucil seems to lessen the problem, but recently, it seems like Metamucil is starting to lose it's effect.
I'm into bodybuilding, my diet consists of
low fat, high protein, and moderate carbohydrates.
I take protein supplements to get enough protein in my diet. I think my diet is pretty healthy, so I don't think that is the problem.

This is very embarrassing to talk about, but at the same time, I really need to know if I should check with a doctor about this problem.
I mean, what if these problems lead to complete
fecal incontinence in a few years? I'm only 19 right now!
Could it be cancer? Cuts on my anus? Incontinence?
Some kind of disease? Hemmoroids?
What's wrong with me?!

Oh, and one question relating to Metamucil.
I read somewhere that Metamucil inhibits certain nutrients from being absorbed by the body.
Anyone know which ones?

[This message has been edited by Makkankosappo (edited 11-21-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2002, 08:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Hi, there. Don't ever be embarrassed by what you have to describe or ask about on this board. We've all had traumatic moments related to our bowels, and someone out there may have had a similar problem and can respond to your post.

In my opinion (whatever it's worth), you should probably go to the doctor and have an exam done to check the strength of your anal muscles. You may have prolapse or weakness in the ability to "close" the anus to hold stool in. If you go to a GI doc, s/he may be able to determine the best test procedure and appropriate treatment. Don't let the problem continue, especially if it's threatening you socially/professionally.

Good luck to you,
Katie G

Closed Thread