It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2002, 07:57 AM   #1

Spirit HB User
Question Super Sara

Hi Sara- I went in for another colonic cause the fullness on the right got so bad. She got alot out of me despite I have been going-this morning I had another huge movement. She was not sure about the fullness on the right she said it could be a muscle too-I have problems in that area also. But it is back this morning after taking priobiotic. I am not sure if there is a movement stuck in there or not-she did not feel it. I am wonder does your colon go back into shape after its cleaned out or is there something you have to take besides fiber? I am wondering about triphala for toning. Something new happening-when I had a wine cooler lastnight I got a burning in my sternum and sweaty and felt the fullness again. Also my hands have been sweating alot and I am in menopause and don't take anything but wondering if hormones control bowel function. I also took some coral calcium it helped acid but this morning I woke up hurting real bad everywhere. The woman who did my colonic got strings of musus out and alot of gas bubbles-could the fiber be doing that? I do take digestive enzymes. Still really acidy too. Any ideas?

Old 12-05-2002, 02:19 PM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

Your bowels do not go out of shape after a colonic. They stay the same, but colonics can increase muscle tone and the peristaltic action of the gut, so the intestines work more effectively.

You may need to experiment with your fiber intake, as sometimes too much fiber can cause gas and mucus. Experiment and see what works best for you. You could try cutting down and seeing if it helps. I can't eat too much fiber with my stomach problems, so I cut down and my bowels still function normally without the extra fiber. Just try and see.

As far as the acid after the wine goes, it could be that the wine was too acidic for you, so try and cut this out.

Hormones don't rule the inestines, but do have an effect on them. Progesterone has an effect on the smooth muscle of the intestine and can cause irregular peristalsis leading to either constipation or diarrhea. This is why a lot of women have upset stomachs before their and during their periods due to this. If you have started to go through the menopause, then this could be why, as the level of estrogen naturally falls, leaving a higher level of progesterone, that affects the smooth muscle of the intestines.

I don't know whether you ever eat Soya or Tofu, but if not try adding a little to your diet. This can help in rebalancing hormones to some extent.

Hope this helps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread