It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2002, 08:45 AM   #1

Blue2U HB User
Question need help / advice PLEASE !!!

Looking for help or advise. I have alternating bowel problems. Sometimes I go 1 - 2 weeks without having a BM and then when I finally have one, sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's normal, there isn't a pattern. Then other times I get such severe stomach cramps and pain that I can barely stand, I'm completely doubled over. During these times, my stomache is bubbling, gurgling with stabbing pains. I then become very hot and literraly start sweating. The pain varies, sometimes lasting 5 minutes, sometimes up to 45 minutes. I keep going to the bathroom thinking I'm going to go, nothing happens ....then finally after several trips to the bathroom, it literally explodes out of me ....Sometimes I'll end up going for 30 or more minutes. Every time this happens I end up using the bathroom for so long that in the end the only thing coming out is water ....however, even this literally gushes out. THis seems to happen once every couple of weeks. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the times I am constipated for 1 - 2 weeks because it doesn't seem to happen as a "cleaning out" of my constipation ...it just seems to happen whenever it wants to ....there isn't a pattern. I pay attention to what I eat so I would notice if any certain foods were trigging this pain and diarrah, however, the only foods that ALWAYS trigger this reaction is Pizza and red sauce. Other than this item, other foods I eat, sometimes cause this reaction, sometimes don't.

I had an episode last week where the pain lasted for an hour, I was on the toilet for about 2 hours, until the only thing coming out was clear water. The very next day, I was very gasy ....when I went into the restroom to release the gas, what I thought was again water exploded out of my bottom, however, when I looked into the toilet it was bloody water ...no feces at all.

Yes, I've been to the doctor, yes I've had the tests. The say I have "lazy colon" ......there has to be some help. I've been reading on line about parasite / bowel / kidney / liver flushes ....would this help me? Is there a way to do this without being confined to the house for hours / days? I can't afford to miss work.

Any advice / suggestions or anyone else having this same problem, would be helpful !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2002, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Welcome to the Board ---sorry about your problems.

I think you need to start taking a water soluble fiber supplement with adequate amounts of water. It will help to regulate your bowels ----just start off slow because it produces Gas but it'll go away with continued use. Constipation will produce hemorrhoids that can bleed. I hope your Doc checked this out.

I also think you're diet may not be the best ---- your friendly bacteria in your intestines is probably out of balance and needs to be re-balance with a good brand of yogurt that contains various active cultures of live friendly bacteria, and take a good brand of probiotic supplement before going to bed--- on an empty stomach. You can find a good brand at your health food store like PB-8.and others.

Lack of magnesium, calcium and potassium in your diet can cause intestinal cramping .

God Bless----Harry

Old 12-13-2002, 06:02 AM   #3

Blue2U HB User
Harry,

Thank you for responding. Just a couple of quick questions, I assume you're speaking of metamucil (or some type like this) when you mention the water soluble fiber? Also, I have a terrible time drinking things that taste terrible or have a wierd texture. I've read in some of these posts that metamucil does come in pill form ...will this work as well as the liquid? I had taken fibercon in the past, however, this did not work for me (this was pill form).

Also, the yogurt, I went to the grocery store last night looking ...is there a certain brand that's better than others? Upon reading the labels, most just read "live cultures".

This is really bothersome, and I want to be sure I'm doing whatever I can to correct this.

Again, thank you for helping.

Old 12-13-2002, 06:08 AM   #4

Blue2U HB User
One more question ----(sorry !!) ....How long does the gas usually last when starting on the soluble fiber?

Old 12-13-2002, 07:04 AM   #5

Blue2U HB User
Harry - you can disregard that question about how long the gas lasts, I see someone else asked that last night and you've already responded.

Old 12-13-2002, 07:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Hi there. Have you considered the Metamucil wafers? They taste really good, and have been a great alternative for me, because I cannot drink that goopy liquid after the powder is in it (yuck!!!!). Just be sure to drink plenty of water with the wafers.

Good luck,
Katie G

Closed Thread