It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2002, 08:39 PM   #1

Doruth HB User
Post Stomach aches

A friend of mine has some problems, me trying to find out what it could be, ran across this place, seeing the way its set up is pretty easy for me to get around because I RP(Role Play, Role Playing Games/RPG) at a site like this

Her problem is this, Everytime she eats or drinks anything, her stomach hurts as if someone punched her in it or slamed it with a book or something. It is about from the waist to about where her chest starts. She does not vomit because of this, just feels increased pain about it. I'm not sure what it could be and see no reason for it happening, if you have any ideas about it, i'd like to know, thanks.
not the week
For all this time
will not go to waste

I am here for the people, not the people here for me

Old 12-12-2002, 10:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Hi Doruth,
Welcome to the boards!!!

Pain like you describe is usually caused from swallowing air along with food or drink and trapping it in you stomach---thus trapped Gas. The lower sphincter valve to the esophagus is not working properly allowing the gas not to escape resulting in pain. GasX may help? But, you've probably tried that already.

Lack of calcium or magnesium in your diet can cause these muscle to go into spasms!!! An excellent homeopathic remedy is Magnesia Phos in most potencies ----it will relieve muscle spasmisms that are relieved by heat. It cheap and available at most health food stores.

It symptoms also sound similar to a hiatus hernia --- and should be checked out by a Doctor.

God Bless--- Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 12-13-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2002, 08:49 PM   #3

Doruth HB User
You may be right, except that this has been happening for like 3 years...i have recently learned of it and on my own been trying to figure out what it was. So you may be right, i dont know. If you have any other ideas, let me know, please.

thanks
not the week
For all this time
will not go to waste

I am here for the people, not the people here for me

Closed Thread