It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2002, 02:14 PM   #1

Spirit HB User
Question mastica gum

I had another blood test for hploria and still says it is not there. But still having alot of trouble with upper abdomen gas and feels like I can not empty. Can it still be there and not found-is there other tests. I read it can be in the tissues. WOuld mastic gum hurt you if you don't have hploria? I have had hplloria before 2 times in the past and this feels like the symtoms.

Old 12-18-2002, 08:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Spirit,

I have also recently been tested for H.pylori bacteria infection by a blood test and a breath test. Both showed up negative. In the past when I have had gastritis I have taken Mastica ---2 -500 mgm capsules twice daily for 2 weeks and the pain and inflamation went away. My Doctor verified with a scope testing last year that the stomach inflammation was not seen.

So, Mastica must do more than eliminate H.pylori infections. I really think there are other bacteria that live in the Stomach areas that have not been discovered YET but cause inflammation.

I have had pain that I use to think was caused by an infected diverticula but now I don't have that part of the colon anymore but NOW an antibiotic or Mastica both cure the pain problem that I still get??? They both work for awhile but not completely---- 4 to 6 months or so???

Gas pain as far as I know is not caused by H.pylori infections or the bacteria being there.

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2002, 09:16 PM   #3

Spirit HB User
Question

Than I don't understand why my bowel movements don;t come down-doctors are no help. I get alot of upper abdomen bloating and gas. Fiber causes more distress and am taking acidolifulus and enzymes

Old 12-19-2002, 11:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
There is alot we don't understand but I do understand that to have BMs normally ---you have to take fiber in some form because that is what make the digestive system work!!!

Harry

Closed Thread