It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2002, 11:37 PM   #1

AngelaMDarling HB User
Post once again, I have a question about stomach/intestines

im starting to improve my eating habits, taking the probiotic supplement starting tomorrow and would like to learn a bit more about the stomach/intestines, etc. do probiotics help to kill/prevent viruses your intestines/stomach catch this time of the year?

what else can i do to boost my immune system, i take coral calcium right now but am not sure if its the culprit behind my upset stomach lately.

im not even aware of where the food goes after the stomach, what each 'stage' does to food etc.

it would be really neat if people could post here the foods that the stomach/intestines loves to be fed, and the foods to really cut down on.

is it only possible to vomit up food that is in your stomach? ex- is it possible to pass something up once its any further down the line in a different stage/area?

Old 12-20-2002, 10:53 PM   #2

AngelaMDarling HB User
somebody....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2002, 07:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
I was hoping someone would post a website that describes the digestive process. I'm sure a search would bring up some good stuff. In a nutshell, food is broken down in the stomach, passes to the small intestines where nutrients are extracted, then passes into the large intestine where mostly water is extracted and the left overs are eliminated.

There is a valve between each organ that prevents food from moving backwards, under normal circumstances. So only the contents of the stomach are vomitted up.

The best thing to boost the immune system is a well rounded diet with lots of veggies and fruits. And the best foods for the digestive track can be an individual matter. People who are having problems often find that eliminating most types of dairy products and/or wheats and perhaps other grain products helps.

Closed Thread