It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
(male)

shyguy HB User
Post it's getting worse

i have had ulcerative colitis for a few years now and it seems my medicine, colazal, doesn't work anymore. previously i was on azacol which stopped working also.

so now for months i have been going to the bathroom like 10+ times a day, and there is only 24 hours in a day so really it is non-stop. even at night i wake up every 2 hours and have to go and i feel like crap and have bags under my eyes and i have developed anemia also.

so anyway, i am wondering about the next level up for medication. it is steroidal based and i didn't want to go on it because i heard if taken orally it'll cause all sorts of probs, so instead there is a suppository form you can take also with no side effects, but i don't want to stick things up my *** either (seriously).

so now what? should i start this new medicine or what? where can i get info about it? isn't there any better options?

i stopped going to my doctor about 5 months ago since there is no point until i need to get a new prescription.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #2
(male)

russ60 HB User
Have you tryed taking a bulk former like metamucil or citrucel???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread