It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2003, 09:43 AM   #1
Inactive

Mandie HB User
Post water instead of fleet enema

I have found that putting a little water in an unused fleet enema bottle and inserting a little in the rectum has helped me greatly whan I am severly constipated. My question is- DOes anyone else use this to help them . I asked my dr. about this and he said do anything you can to help yourself. I assumed from this answer that it meant it was O K to use this and it would not hurt me. I only use a small amount of water, just into the rectum, not the colon. It would be great to hear from anyone on the board if they found this to help them or even, what they think- thank you

Old 01-06-2003, 12:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I think this is a great idea and if it helps your stomach, then carry on doing it. If you think about what you are doing, it is like giving yourself a mini colonic irrigation treatment and these can be very helpful for stomach problems generally.

I had a lot of stomach troubles before Christmas which were causing me severe stomach pains. I found a fantastic naturopath that did colonic irrigation and had a couple of treatments and felt great afterwards. This does go into the colon though, but water in the rectum is just as good to clear that and if it helps you to feel better, then I am all for it.

I have regular colonics and feel a lot better for it and combined with other forms of alternative treatment, my stomach is now better than it has been in a long time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2003, 06:47 AM   #3
Inactive

Mandie HB User
Sarah THanks for the moral support- it really helps me to know that you feel it is a good thing. I am going to a knew dr. today and I am very nr\ervous - I will see what else he says

Closed Thread