It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2002, 06:51 PM   #1

JanettoB HB User
Talking FROM THE CONSTIPATION QUEEN

I have tried just about everything over the years for regulating my BM's. I've had all the gastroscopy and barium enema (enemy) tests down as well.

Metamucil doesn't work, lots of veges don't work, prunes don't work. Senakot works, but it's an irritant laxative and can damage nerves. Milk of Magnesia...seems like you have to take more and more.

What I have finally found that does work for me is "ALL-BRAN EXTRA FIBER". Normal All Bran will not do the trick for me. This stuff is like eating dog food......really tasted like cardboard when I first started eating it. I have gotten use to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I have a bowl of the dog food every morning followed with some water to expand it!!! I go just about everyday now!!!

I was also obsessed with having BM's. If I waited too long....boy was I in trouble.

I am an American living in Venezuela and we do not get the extra fiber bran here. I was in the states several months ago and brought back 10 boxes of the stuff. It's is so nice to have a BM everyday!!!!!!!!

I sure hope that this can help someone else. It can literally be a pain in the ***!!!!

Old 12-16-2002, 01:30 PM   #2
Veteran

ChristinaD HB User
Well, I am taking your word and I bought all bran extra fiber and I have eaten my first bowl today! I have tried EVERYTHING also and the only thing that works is exlax and that is not natural and very unhealthy. So, I hope this works it would be sooo great to be regular. I'm desperate to try anything.
Although I do have to say, it is the worst thing I have ever eaten. Hard to believe it is edible food. You always say things tastle like cardboard as an expression but literally, this does. I dumped a ton of sugar into it!!!

Christina
June 2002: Had a relapse and tore/ruptured disc again.
Now I'm 14 months into it and the pain is still there.
Can't deal with it anymore so I'm having a discectomy in Sept. Hoping and praying that it takes care of my problems!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2002, 07:59 AM   #3

JanettoB HB User
Christina,
I really hope that you are having some luck with the all-bran Xtra by now. Give us a post back and let us know if it is helping.

Really is like cardboard!!!! I got use to it and can even take a sweetness in it now!!!!! Unbelievable....I've come a long way!

JanettoB

Old 01-01-2003, 10:40 PM   #4

Healing100 HB User
I, too, have no response to fiber supplements, bran, inreased fluid intake and exercise. I was up to 2-3 gallons of purified water a day. I had to go urinate constantly! It is frustrating to say the least.

My doctor gave me samples of Perdiem after the 7th hospitalization and I have been doing much better (not great, but better than I was at 0 non-induced movements). I also ordered a Cleansing Tea and drink that all day long. The taste is alright, but I mix one Cleansing tea bag with one Lipton and make about 2 bottles (regular water bottles) full.

Just wanted to share what works for me and hope it might help someone else.

Healing

Old 01-04-2003, 09:50 AM   #5

ErwinRommel HB User
I long to have the problem the good people responding to this thread have.

I'll never admit this in person, but I made bm's in my pants until I was five or six years old. I was potty trained, but I've always laid monsters when I have a bm. With such a tiny frame and small stature at that age, one of my bm's probably would have required stitches to close the resulting tear running up to about the middle of my back. So I held it in and lived a hellish existence of constantly having a turdle knocking at the back door that squeaked out a centimeter at a time into my tuffskins every minute of every day. I also fancied relations with the dog on several occasions as a teen. My point is, people that can't have a regular bm should count their blessings. I have to keep a potato masher in my commode to hack my bm down to small enough chunks to flush. My buttocks is very hairy too. It's impossible for me to clean myself properly after a bm unless I shower and use The green abrasive side of a sponge to scrub my privates, and I hav to scrub down to about mid thigh. Even though I don't make a bm in my pants anymore, my buttocks hair captures so much of my bm that I literally find chunks in my skidmarks.I don't have one pair of underpants that I'm not embarrassed to have someone inspect.

Don't think the grass is any greener over here. We all have our trials in life, and I'd give my right arm for one day in my life that didn't start with me white knuckling out a 4 pound bm. Count your blessings.

Old 01-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #6

black_eyes HB User
I have the same problem as u people. I have tried alot of things, and i still dont have a regular BM. im going to try Linseed and see how i get on

Closed Thread