It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2003, 02:39 AM   #1

susieq35 HB User
Unhappy 14 days with out a BM

hi all i like to try and get some information anyone has about gastroparthis SP? or sever constipation. I take the one drug perscribed by my doctor its no help. Done up to 10 laxitives at a time 6 enems . I am bloated crampy and stuck.They have done a few test found nothing but paralisis of the intestines.I do daily therapy but its does not work. Where should i go from here????????

Old 01-13-2003, 04:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Using this amount of laxatives and enemas in order to have a bowel movement is not good and will only make your problems worse. They all irritate the bowel enormously and can make it become excessively sluggish, so that in the end, as you say, you are unable to have a bowel movement in any way either with them or without them. Your system becomes dependant on them.

Also, the problem with severe constipation of this nature is the fact that if you cannot open your bowels, all the toxins are being stored in your body and can make you feel very unwell and give you a lot of pain.

14 days is a very long time not to be able to have a bowel movement. Have you seen your doctor about this and what have they done? Have they given you any help or not? If not then they should.

However, if things are really stuck solid after this amount of time, then I would strongly suggest that you find a fully qualified Colonic Hydrotherapy practitioner to help you. Basically, this washes out the entire length of your colon with warm water and will take all the excess toxins with it. Your treatment will last about an hour and you will have a tube inserted into your anus and rectum. You will then have water put into your colon which will be released. This waste matter all comes down a tube and is disposed of hygienically. This happens several times throughout the treatment and your practitioner may also want to massage your belly during the treatment to help release build up stools. They may also put herbal tincture such as chamomile through the machine and into your bowel. This really helps if you have pain and inflammation in your bowel. Probiotics are also inserted to help recolonise the good bacteria in your bowel which gets washed out during this process.

You should feel a lot better after a treatment and hopefully your belly will be less bloated and painful. As you are so constipated, you may need to have at least two more treatments after the initial one and possibly more to achieve success. Once the treatment has finished, you will need to start taking things such as Metamucil to increase your fiber, drinking more fluids and generally re-training your bowels and definitely cutting out the laxatives.

I am afraid to say that sometimes, a lot of docs cause more problems when it comes to constipation by handing out the laxatives, which really is not the solution in the long term.

It should be relatively easy to find a Colonic Hydrotherapist/Irrigation in your area. If not, then any ND (Naturopathic Doc) should practice this. They practice naturopathy, herbal medicine, homeopathy and acupuncture, including other natural therapies, so give it a try and see.

Hope this helps and good luck?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread