It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2003, 09:41 AM   #1
Inactive

MarifromPR HB User
Question New here, have a question regarding hemorrids

Okay here is my story. From years I suffered painful bowels due to 'hemorrid'. So pretty much about everyday I see blood in toilet paper. I went to the doctor years back to check on it but he told me I was okay it was a hemorrid and didnt prescribed me any medications or anything. But this still follow me over the years. I can control it, like if I eat prunes, fibers as to say, it turn less painful and dont bleed at all but the thing is that I HATE to be dependant on fibers. I just want to get rid of it!!! I have been thinking of going to the doctor again and ask if with a surgery this can be fixed. Im only 29 years old so Im still young to carry this on for years ahead. How can you tell when you need a surgery? This really sucks! Help!

Old 01-04-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
You're supposed to have fiber every day. It's not going to hurt you to take fiber half as much as that surgery is going to hurt. Imagine trying to poop with stiches in your butt...YEOWWW!! My father had this surgery, he was in major pain. Have you ever seen a grown man cry? I have. It was horrible.

On a more serious note, you may want to speak to a doctor about your options. If you only have a couple, it might be ok to go ahead and have them fixed. They can only fix so many before you risk having a condition where you lose some control.

If I were you, I'd leave well enough alone and take my fiber.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2003, 04:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Sorry to tell you this but your Gastro system cannot operate properly without Fiber. If our food were not processed so much and we ate more fruits and veggies---- we wouldn't have to take a fiber supplement. Hemorrhoids is simple in contrast to colitis, cancer, IBS and other serious digestive problems you can develop.

I strongly suggest taking an adequate amount of fiber or start eating properly!! All meat and dairy products have no fiber in them!!!

Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 01-04-2003).]

Old 01-05-2003, 07:13 AM   #4
Inactive

MarifromPR HB User
Oh thanks for the replies. Hard to find out to whom discuss about this topic jeje

Well I really dont mind about the eating fiber at all,I also know its necessary but its just make me feel not a normal person. I mean like if I dont eat the daily prunes even for a day lets say for example I know it will be painful and bloody. This is not normal. Well but you are right Harry in that of hemorrid to be a slight problem compared to IBS etc. I think I got that of IBS one time years back, i lowered the fats in my diet and the problem eventually dissapeared. That was awful indeed!

I will schedule with doctor again to discuss about my options. Sounds like a plan. I really dont mind having my butt stiched at all as long as I could get rid of this!!

Thanks!
Mari

Old 01-05-2003, 05:58 PM   #5

xuyang HB User
Hi, MarifromPR,

I had the surgery in May, and I would say I would have done it earlier had I known better...

I had about 15 years of battling with constipation and hemorrhoids. The surgeon removed 2 of my 3 hemorrhoids. He suggested 10 days of rest after the surgery and I took 9 days off work.

I don't feel much pain on the day after the surgery because of all the medication. I didn't have a BM until day 3( 2 days after surgery) and the doctor said it was normal... I took the mineral oil and the the medication he prescribed...

Yes the first time having BM was terrible! But after that it got easier and easier. I started using Super Colon Cleanse long before the surgery to regulate my constipation, which is the real problem... and continued through the healing process. I went back to work as scheduled, and didn't feel much unconfort..

Now I am happy because I don't need to deal with the blood every morning and the swelling and the depression that comes with it... Just make sure you don't have a constipation problem before the surgery because if you do, the Hemorrhoids will come back...

Hope this helps, BTW, I am 28 and female... At our age, we heal pretty fast..

xuyang

Old 01-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
Inactive

MarifromPR HB User
Oh thanks Xu! Good to hear. I dont know how many I have, when I got checked it was one but that years back, I figure I may have more by now.

Okay this is difficult topic to write without sound gross but for the record i want to have clear that of constipation. I dont have constipation as to say I dont go #2 in days. Im regular meaning I go everyday. Now the thing of hard or loose stools is the issue. So yeah when hard it breaks my butt, a torture. Is this constipation as to speak? Im sorry for having to ask but english is my second language..

That of the colom cleanse sounds like a good idea as well

Thanks again!
Mari

Old 01-06-2003, 04:09 PM   #7

xuyang HB User
HI, Mari,

When you have your bowel movement, if it is too hard that you have to push and it hurts, then you are constipated. The reason you have hemorroids is the pushing. You should address that issue first, otherwise, even if you have the surgery, your hemorroids will come back.

What worked for me was to drink 1 gallon of water every day. You may find it too much, but I had to do that innitially because my problem was too severe. I did that for a while until I got my regularity back and then I found that I don't have to drink as much. Now I am using a product called "super colon cleanse" 3 pills a day every day. It adds a lot of fiber to the stool and very helpful. Just like the fiber product on the market but works for me... The key is to drink "a lot" of water...

xuyang

Old 01-15-2003, 06:21 AM   #8
Inactive

MarifromPR HB User
k I see. Well now I have figured it out. I actually have not much with the pushing part heeh (Im regular) but hurts very bad, now I figured out why. I saw a tear in my you know anus and now wonder why it hurts that bad!!! Guess this is a fissure right? Do I have to absolutetly go to a doctor for this?? Im afraid this will not heal that easy. I dont think Im up to any sort of surgery because I have been takin a medicine for acne(accutane)and finished just recently, it will take a couple of months before I can do anything quirurgic I guess. Any other ideas any?

Mari

Old 01-15-2003, 06:23 AM   #9
Inactive

MarifromPR HB User
Also forgot to mention I did the load of drinking water and my stomach went nauseus. Any tips on how to drink the gallon water?

Mari

Old 01-18-2003, 10:08 PM   #10

bruised HB User
I've had hemorroids since I was 16.It was bad back then but now I'm 26 and have 2 kids.Hemorroids aren't just from pregnancy.I never got any.But anyways mine only flare when my monthly comes.I could swear I have 5 sticking out.I've tried prep h that's never worked.We've done the jelly thing to stick them back in to them only coming back out.I have to say that's it's funny when you see a "bare"bum opposed to a "piled"bum.It's a normal part of my life.I don't have bleeding and no problems with sitting.Only when my monthly comes they get hard,and almost feel like taking an elastic band myself and strangulating them!As for surgery,I'm more scared to have them removed for the fear of it hurting to go to the bathroom.Like I said,I had the "symptoms"before, but now it's normal to me.I call them my "friends".LOLOLOLOL

Old 01-19-2003, 03:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Accutane is a very strong drug and you need to be careful with it as it can cause liver damage. I have to say that there are better and more natural remedies around these days for acne. Why not try them?

Also, you do not need to drink water gallons of water all in one go. Just be sensible about it and try to increase your water intake gradually throughout the day. This way you will not get a sick stomach.

You need fiber for your GI system to work and I would recommend Metamucil twice daily. If your stools are hard, then yes, you are constipated whether you open your bowels daily or not.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 AM   #12
(male)

robustnet HB User
Re: New here, have a question regarding hemorrids

about constipation, did someone already tried inserting cooking oil in rectum like enema... to lessen pressure.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #13
(female)

stardust11 HB User
Re: New here, have a question regarding hemorrids

Sarah68: are you still around these forums?? I'd love to chat with you if you get a chance.

Closed Thread