It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2003, 06:53 PM   #1
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Post Question for veterans..Harry, Sarah can you read plz??

My daughter called me from college tonight (shes 21 and lives 3 hours away) She told me for a week or more now she has been getting blood (alot) on the toilet paper when she wipes. She said the bm's are normal and she only goes every 3 days she said there is little or no abdominal apin but something just doesnt feel right. She said there is no blood in the stool or toilet. Can a hemmoroid or fissure cause alot of blood? I am calling my doc here tomorrow and asking him a few things to tell her...problem is she wont go to a strange doc because she doesnt want to explain her mullerian aplasia to them its a rare birth defect she was born with (absence of uterus and cervix). Any ideas untill I can get her to see a doctor ( either get her home to ours or get her to see one there) Thank you.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Old 01-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Autumn,
I know with your child so far away ---this makes you as a parent very concerned and worried --- I know how it is and am sorry.

It sounds like a fissure that bleeds after a BM. Sometimes when you have a large diameter stool it can tear the anus and cause bleeding. If she goes every third day then she is very very close to being constipated and also probably has hemorrhoids.

I suggest she starts taking a fiber supplement like Metamucil twice daily that will make her BMs more gentle without straining --- also more regular. Make sure she knows to drink an adequate amount of water when taking fiber.

Of course she should see a Doctor to really determine the Bleeding cause.

God Bless--- Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2003, 02:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I would agree with all that Harry has said and it does sound as if she is a little close to constipation if she goes every 3 days.

Metamucil with adequate water and yes, haemmarrhoids/fissure can cause that amount of bleeding, especially if she is straining.

Good luck

Closed Thread