It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2003, 11:19 PM   #1

AmberDoo's HB User
Unhappy Not feeling very welcome!

Hello all.I posted a letter about Calcium info.I am a sick and lonley young lady,looking for help,advice,a understanding friend,or even a hello,and welcome.It helps to know,others suffer also,and I am not alone.A special thanks to Sarah68.I cherish the reply's and hope for more.Love to all.

Old 01-09-2003, 02:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Hey hon, what stomach problems do you have? Most of the people on this board have stomach problems, so do have some idea what you are going through and we can all offer you advice and support through the bad times. We all have good days and bad days with our stomachs.

I recommend a lot of alternative and natural products because I have used these myself and they have really helped me. I also use Calcium supplements regularly as I do have diarrhea a lot.

Keep on posting and perhaps we can help you some more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2003, 03:12 AM   #3

AmberDoo's HB User
I have crohn's disease and IBS.I was the pretty,outgoing,girl,in highschool.In all sports,and had many friends and events to enjoy.I am now 32 mother of 1 wonderful girl,the light of my life,and pretty much married.I suffer daily,most worse than not so bad.I take Salofalk,Dicetel,Buscopan,Celexa,Zantac, Gravol,Tylenol 3's,Advil,Belladonna elixer,8-15 Imodiums daily,and there's more.Acidolpholis,ect.I have lost 70 pounds and then gained back 20.I was healthy and beautiful,and now my hair is falling out,my sparkling eyes look pale and my skin is very bad,no doubt from all the meds.***I am looking for any helpful words.***I can't leave my house anymore,and it's effecting my family so badly.I feel 80 years old.God bless to all.

Old 01-09-2003, 07:35 PM   #4

JanettoB HB User
Has your thyroid been checked? Janetto

Old 01-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
Inactive

groundhog HB User
Smile

This may be simplistic, but if you are taking so many meds, you might want to study carefully the side effects and overdose data on them. Some of them may also be combining to cause problems.

For example, I read on these boards that taking a lot of the anti acid pills makes it hard for your body to take in or digest some of the B vitamins(and other things).... Maybe B12 especially. You need some acid to digest certain things. I know the B vitamins give you energy too.

Then, I was talking with a friend the other day (very inteligent fellow), and somehow we get talking about vitamins and he mentions that B vitamins (especially B12, i think) helps to make you hungry and he takes a vitamin late in the day so he doesn't overeat.

So there goes the appetite. Or at least some of it... So look into it. All those chemicals constantly on the lining of your stomach and guts....
groundhog

Old 01-17-2003, 03:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Hey Ron,

I totally agree with you on that score and I have always believed that by treating the cause of a problem you will find the cure rather than just treating the symptoms, as most docs do.

Anway, simple dietary changes can help a lot and I think you might see that I always recommend lots of natural products to try and help people and try and get them away from the laxatives or the Immodium.

Old 01-17-2003, 07:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb

Amber,
There are not many people that know about or even know anyone that has the disease you have because it is a fairly small percentage of people have it. I am sorry that you are going through such problems. I certainly wish you well. There is not much that I can offer either --- I have never known a person with the disease you have.

The treatment goals that I have read about for Crohn's are to control the inflammation, correct nutritional deficiences, and relieve the symptomes---- this-- as I understand keeps the disease in remission or as close as possible.

As you know Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease and it's orgin is unknown but is often inherited. Since there is no known cure, I suggest you get the best Health Care Professional you can find to treat you. I have found that's not easy since most Gastro doctors are oriented to running procedures and not treating serious diseases such as the one you have.

God Bless You----Harry

Old 01-22-2003, 11:43 AM   #8

AmberDoo's HB User
Thank you Harry.I really appreciate all the info posted.I don't get out much,so this is my means of communication and support.

Old 01-23-2003, 03:38 AM   #9

pishey HB User
JanettoB, I saw your reply re: thyroid being checked with regard to having a bowel disorder. I DO have a sluggish thyroid (Hasimoto's). Could you please tell me what it has to do with the bowels???? It has been a couple of years since it was checked.
Thanks,
Kathy

Old 01-23-2003, 06:55 AM   #10

stylegirl HB User
Smile

Hi Amber and WELCOME!!! You are NOT alone!!!
You and I sound a lot alike- I am a bit older-37 and have been dealing with IBS for about 17 yrs. I have to go to work now so this will have to be short. We need to talk!!!! All the best!!!
Anne

Ps: You are so lucky to have your little girl- I just had a miscarriage a few months ago and have no kids yet. But still hoping!!!

------------------

Please read the Board Guidelines ---you're not allowed to post your e mail address on healthboards.com moderator4

[This message has been edited by moderator4 (edited 01-23-2003).]

Old 01-26-2003, 09:23 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Hi there Amber. I also have crohn's and IBS so I know exactly what you are going through. I'm also dealing with a migraine headache right now that I've had for almost a week. Definitely not my idea of fun. The only meds I'm on are imuran, pantoloc, diazepam, buscopan when needed but my GI told me to take very little of that and only if absolutely necessary. He didn't explain why though. Do you find the Dicetel works for you? Didn't do anything for me so they told me to stop taking it. Hope this helps to know you're not the only one going through this. Hang in there and take care.

Closed Thread