It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2003, 11:53 AM   #1

myname HB User
Post hemmoroid pain...best treatment?

Lately my hemmeroids have been really painful. I'm on Metamucil 2x a day, I use Prep. H as well as coritizone suppositories. (I've just started the Prep H and cortizone yesterday)

My question is what kinds of treatments have you had success with? I've seen recommendations for both hot and cold treatments.

Please reply as soon as you can. I'm in desperate need of relief. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 01-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #2

RunnL8 HB User
Talking

Love your heart... I hate those pesky things. After giving birth to my youngest child I had one that was as big as a bowling ball, or at least it felt that big. It developed a clot in it, and I had to have it cut open, YIKES, talk about pain. All this just days after giving birth, sheesh...

At any rate, your's sound worse than mine, so I don't know what to tell you. I will tell you that I have flare up's from time to time and use the Tuck's medicated pads. Keep them cold and they work well to reduce the swelling and they give comfort from the burning.

I hope this helps you some.

Megan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
Inactive

MarifromPR HB User
Hello there!

Okay I wrote sometime ago I had this terrible hemorrid pain however Im doing a lot better now. Im drinking more water and here is the secret for me.. Chlorophyl supplements Oh yeah that works. I take the capsules from swanson vitamins 2 caps/day (I prefer the capusules over liquid because of the stain and not sure if the liquid will be as effective) Im eating also lot of milled flax seeds with my meals. Im doing a whole lot better, this chlorophyl works like charm. Not even need metamucil I need.

Mari

Old 01-28-2003, 02:50 PM   #4

Susan HB User
Well, I had a hemorrhoidectomy in Nov. of 2000. It was incredibly painful, but I totally recovered and haven't had any problems since. I drink a lot of water and make sure to take my fiber every day so that I'll never have to go through that again!

Take care! Susan

Old 01-30-2003, 03:35 AM   #5

myname HB User
Smile

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I've been feeling a lot better lately. I think I just had a spell where I was forced to sit a lot. I've been excercising more lately, on the metamucil, and using tucks and Prep. H. Things have improved but I sill want to get them way under control so I guess you guys will see me here more often!

Thanks again!

Closed Thread