It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2003, 08:25 PM   #1

Spirit HB User
Question Sara

I have been afraid to bring this up cause it may be serious-I dont know. But since my colonics-I felt like I have a bowel pocket things get stuck there and won't come down on the left side of my belly button. I do have diverticulitis that is why I was afraid to have these colonics.I was assured it was ok by a couple of people. Had this pocket feeling before but just seems bigger. have not had anymore-but not sure what to do-afraid to go to the doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2003, 10:58 PM   #2
(male)

HRH HB User
If you want someone to anwser ---then you should spell her name RIGHT!!!

Hazel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2003, 11:12 AM   #3

Spirit HB User
I feel that reply was unnessary. My applogies I mean Sarah.

Old 01-31-2003, 12:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

The pain or full feeling that you have near your belly button to the left is probably over the splenic flexure. Unfortunately, things can get stuck there so to speak, as it is the flexure between the transverse colon becoming the descending colon, that then goes into the rectum and anus.

Do you have pain and feel unwell generally? If so, you could be having a diverticulitis attack.

The colonic could not have caused this as it is perfectly safe to have this procedure done with diverticulosis, but not when you have a full blown attack of diverticulitis. If there were any problems, then your practitioner should not have continued. Also, the speculum only goes into the anus and you lie on your left side when this is being done to avoid injury, as this is the way the bowel runs. Also, your bowel is only cleaned with water and if your practitioner uses an up to date machine, he/she can monitor the pressures and let water in an out as needed after massaging your belly to losten all the debris.

Try not to worry too much about it, it is probably related to something else and not the colonic, unless you have a practitioner that does not have a clue what they are doing.

Hope this helps and take care?

Old 09-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
(female)

irene63 HB User
Re: Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH View Post
If you want someone to anwser ---then you should spell her name RIGHT!!!

Hazel
Hey eaze up ! not nice at all .

Closed Thread