It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2003, 12:18 AM   #1

Hattchettman HB User
Question anuice-----Hydrocortisone acetate suppository's---opions helpfull

O'k new hear, i have been dealing with this problem for many of yrs..since i was 8yrs old, you know didn't really know what was going on because of age always could have a bm-but new it was going to take it all out of me due to this problem,lack of knowing what i was dealing with and probally not enough fiber when younger, o'k-30Yrs.old now and i have been dealing with this pain everyday of my life i thought it was time to tell my doctor,yeah i know why not sooner,so any way told him everything he put me on this hydrocortisone acetate suppositories and to increase my fiber daily on citrucel and also had me take an colonoscopy, everything was fine with it just was told "hemorroids". So now with being on these suppositories some days can be a little bit better but still not too good ,and so i'm asking i have the same problems as you all, and have seen it all from a young age and delt with this without anybody ever knowing until now when i guess i got tired of trying to push out tanks, during my bm-and suffering as allways with the aftermath of very intense pain which over time you some what get used to along with advil...i read all the time about these ads that say they help the problem o'k what about people like me with i guess suvere cases, do these help?-like this anu-ice does anybody here take it and if so does it work?-or-i'm thinking of lazer,i just would like to go to the bathroom and have a regular bm-like other normal people, that remindes me when i had the scope done u-know i could have bm-without any problems, i mean everything just flowed normal, it's like the scope ripped the roids right out of me, man i was ready to throw a party for my self after every bm- when it was time no straining-intense pushing,by the way for any one reading this the scope to me was not all that bad it's over and done with under 1 min. for me mine was, hell if that makes me go 100% easier i'll have a referral made up monthly,but the insurance people wouldn't like it so anyway thanks for your time in this matter and all i really can say to everyone "u-are not alone in this" take care........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2003, 08:51 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
There are many things you can do to help yourself. First off is to increase your fiber intake via fruits and veggies as well as Metamucil. If the citrucel works for you fine but if not try switching to metamucil. Drink prune juice or eat prunes as these are good for the bowels. Drink plenty of water. Do not strain when on the toilet as this is part of what caused you problems. If by the third day you haven't had a decent BM you may want to try a glycerin suppoitory. Also regarding the fiber therapy...........you may need to be taking it 2-3 times per day. You didn't state how often the doc suggested you take your citrucel but you made need to increase it. As for the hemorrhoids use the suppositories for flare ups and you may want to check the hemorrhoid section of you local drug/walmart store as there are other products out there that will ease the discomfort.

Closed Thread