It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2003, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

cookie monster HB User
Question should i go for hemarrhoid surgery?

Hello everyone,

I'm been thinking a lot & read related postings in this forum. When I use the toilet, it's there.

I may not be in the position to understand completely since I've just one hemarrhoid. It's external, about the size of my little fingernail. Initially, I wanted 2 snipe it off but my GP told me "baaaad move". She also didn't suggest surgery.

When I read about H surgery, I must admit I wasn't ready for the "pain like in childbirth" & "pain when there's BM".

I've never told anyone in my family about my H. They will surely say "TOLD U SO" to eat more fruits & veggies. But when U got an intense dislike of it like me, it's "Oh Dear".

Anyone got advice 4 me please?

Old 02-24-2003, 07:54 PM   #2

bruised HB User
My advice is,is if they don't bother you don't do it.I have externals.A clump of them actually that I've had since I was 16.I'm 26 now and they don't bother me at all.The only person it bothers is my hubby actually.He always says to get them removed.But as I say to him,they aren't affecting my life or my bm so I'll leave them there.I'm more scared to have the surgery because of the pain that goes with it after.You sit on a dohnut and people will really know you had your hemmorroids removed!Let alone it hurting after surgery to have a bm.This is just my opinion,but if it affects your daily life find out your options and speak to a proffessional specializing in hernias.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Yes, Ditto on the above information.
The outties are easy. A little prep H will sometimes take care of the problem or the gastroenterologist can give you something in a prescription strength to shrink swelling.
Time for the fiber suppliment!
Yumm! Tastes just like gooey Tang. And soooo good for you too. I like the brand that is not psyllium because it causes less gas.
Veggies and fruit. less refined sugar and flour foods
ease off the fries and the fried.
Exercise helps. Believe it or not walking is the best for this problem. The problem is made worse by sitting too much. So at the core of the remedy for the problem lies exercise and healthy eating.
You might want to have a consult with a Gastroenterologist and schedule a colonoscopy.
Just want to make sure you don't have a colon problem that might be hidden.
We all need a colonoscopy as good preventative medicine every couple of years.
kat

Closed Thread