It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2003, 09:06 PM   #1

Joanna11 HB User
Post hemorrhoids, pain & misery!

If anyone can tell me anything to help ease my misery it would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm a constipated person, etc. but this bout of hemorrhoids came out of no where. I think it was from standing all day at a festival. I work out regularly but I don't stand like that for long periods of time so I figure I either "blew them out" this time by the standing for 10 hours or some furniture I moved. Anyway prep-h, the inserts, etc. have not helped. I'm not ready to talk surgery or anything but is there something that can numb my bootie? If I could get a shot of novacane (sp?) right there right now I think I'd do it!!!! I need some relief from the bout I'm having right now! Please help! will check back soon, must get out of this chair, go lay down and get off of problem area for now! Thanks! Jo

Old 02-25-2003, 09:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Well, it could have been the standing, it could have been the moving, but the fact is, Constipation and straining do cause hemorroids too.
So maybe it was one or the other and maybe it was all three factors that compounded to cause stress and strain, or maybe it was something totally different that you have not considered.
Anyway, the Gastroenterologist might be able to help you with a medicated suppository. They also recommend those OTC medicated wipes for people with hemorroids.
You could try a sitz bath which has been used for ages to relieve hemorroidal pain.
And If possible get some walking in. Even if you hurt you need to keep moving to keep your colon working.
Not standing, not lifting, but easy relaxed walking even if it's just around the house for a few minutes each day.
Increase your fiber and water and eat foods that contribute to your bowel movements.
Even if you are not thinking of surgery it might be a good idea to see the Doctor. The Doctor may see something that would give you a much more clear remedy for your problem.
I also like to get foot massages when my colon is giving me trouble. Reflexology too.
I don't get hemorroids but I get colon spasms and that's right up there with the painful rectal issues.
Take Care,
Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2003, 07:00 AM   #3

Hivoltage HB User
My Advice.....get them taken out and be done with it. I am sitting home recovering with the surgery right now. It wasnt as bad as I had imagined. I was scared like a baby......but got through it OK. My Dad talked me into it, he had the surgery 40 years ago and has never had a problem again.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:18 AM   #4

familyfull HB User
I had 1 of my 3 hems banded on 2/21 (you've probably read my posting below on the surgery consult that that appt. was supposed to be). I am still in recovery and waiting to see what the final outcome will be. I am is less pain today than I was with the ulcerated hem.

After my firstborn I was sent home with a prescription of hydrocortisone (sp?) suppositories 25 mg to reduce that swelling. I have used these since then and, at times, those suppositories did help with the swelling which in turn helped with the pain. I would suggest that you call your physician and give these a try, you would probably get a lot of relief from their use. I think you would really be pleasantly surprised.

My additional problems with the frequency and ,ultimately the even more fequent over time, ulcerations (open sores basically raw skin on top of that already painful was what really drove me to the surgery option. I waited and suffered 3 1/2 years to see what my body would do. I am glad I chose to remove it. I am really appreciative for everybody's input and had I more forethought to seek information before the morning of my surgury consult I would have had the knowledge to inquire about that cryosurgury option (as it was not one that was presented to me at the time). I will continue to ready postings regarding recovery and so on because it has helped me a great deal on this topic. Thanks to everyone and good luck to you.

Closed Thread