It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2003, 08:50 PM   #1

bruised HB User
Post Kat...Question or anyone with similair problem

Kat..You mentioned on another post about a lymph node near the transverse colon.Can you explain where the transverse colon is?and what his symptoms were?Also the polyps too?You seem to know alot about this stuff,so if you can help out.Thankyou.By the way I didn't mention that I saw a kinesciologist{homeopathy lady}And when she checked me she said a I had an inguinal lymph node on the sigmoid colon.She also mentioned it's hard and grape sized.So when you mentioned the lymph node I was curious to know where it was.I didn't tell the gastrologist because of the fact that kinesciologists aren't doctors and some don't agree with them.I think he checked for a lymph node in my groin because he had asked if it hurt when I moved my legs.But it doesn't.So if you can explain this.Thankyou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2003, 10:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Bruised, Unfortunately I do know a bit about a few too many things from the circumstance of dealing with problems in my own body, my husbands body or members of the family.
I have also done work as a holistic practitioner for over 20 years but nuthin else is like the real experience from the inside out.

The transverse colon is the one that runs across the upper portion of the torso near the lower ribs.
It is the connection between the ascending colon and descending colon.
My husband had a precancer polyp. I think it was down in the sigmoid colon, and he had the lymph node in the transverse colon.
He's had odd symptoms varying from lower back pain, on and off hot flashes, headaches, but mainly a variety of non specific discomfort that varies with his energy from day to day. A few months ago he got the big symptom and Blood started pooling down in his pelvic area and when he'd go to the toilet lots of blood would come either gushing or streaming out.
It would sound like he was urinating but it was blood from his rectum.
That was his main symptom.
The blood was the cause for two colonoscopys in less than a month.
Lymphnodes are a filtering system for the body.
They swell when there is something wrong in the body system and depending on where they are found will tell the Doctor more about the problem.
Enlarged lymph nodes suggest that the body is responding to something such as an infection (bacterial, viral, or fungal), an autoimmune disease (arthritis or lupus), a drug reaction or a malignancy such as leukemia.
Just because a lymphnode is swollen does not mean there is a big problem.
Lymph nodes might respond if there is a small cut or most any kind of minor trauma.
Basically, the Doctor needs to know about any problems with a Lymph node to make sure it is not abnormal.
The lymphnode that was found in my husband was non threatening so that was good.
Painful or non painful swollen Lymphs have a lot of variables. It's just hard to say if the node is bad trouble or not with out an examination.
I've had nodes that were felt and I was told they were normal.
However, I also had a big bad case of endometriosis so I wonder if that "normal" lymphnode just might have been swollen and trying to fight off a disease that was undiagnosed for a very long time.
It sounds like the kinsiologist just might be right with the assessment of an enlarged lymphnode.
Now you just need to find a way to approach the subject with your doctor.
I personally would just tell the Doctor about the Kinsiologist. Voice your concern and discuss your options for medical investigation.
Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #3

bruised HB User
kat..I went to doctor today because of my tenderness being extremely tender.If I wash my hands over the sink and my abdomen touches it,it's tender.That's pretty bad I think.So I did mention the lymph node to him and told him I found it on the internet and asked him about it.He said we all have them.So I asked him what the tenderness means to him and he mentioned that it could be an infection or inflammation of something,but he kind of shrugged off the lymph node.So he wants more bloodwork done again.I asked him if I could do a stool sample and he said no because I'm having th colonoscopy.I asked him if endomitriosis could attach to the intestines somehow and he said it could.I'm not having any more ct scans or ultrasounds,which I asked if I could,and he said no because they've checked everything.So who the hell knows what's going on.It must be in my head or something on this tenderness I'm feeling,who knows!I asked him if he thought my women parts were involved or my intestines.He's leaning towards the intestines.So I'm going to stay away from doctors right now,and continue to have this tenderness until the colonoscopy.If it's negative then,well We'll see.

Old 02-27-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Good Luck on your colonoscopy.
It was the Gastroenterologist who actually correctly diagnosed my pelvic problem even before my colonoscopy was done.
So maybe you will get lucky and you gastroenterologist just may have some ideas about your condition.
kat

Closed Thread