It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #1

Molly McPherson HB User
Question pain in lower right side.

I was having some trouble with constipation started to take citrucel. The problem seems to be somewhat better, but I on occasion have a gas like pain in my lower right side. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this.

Old 02-26-2003, 07:30 PM   #2

Joanna11 HB User
Exclamation

Do you still have your apendix? I was having a lot of trouble with irritable bowels, cramps, straining, my lower right side would hurt off and on, then after about 6 to 8 months of this my apendix ruptured. It is on your lower right side. Make a fist with your right hand thumb sticking out (like a cool thumbs up), put your thumb in your navel and roll your hand down and to the right at about a 45 degree angle and that is about where your apendix should be. If the pain gets really sharp and bad see about it immediately. They can laser out your apendix and you go home the next day. I was not so smart, didn't go to the doctor, thought the pain would go away, mine had been ruptured for a couple of days and I was in the hospital for 6 days. Worth checking into in advance! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2003, 05:37 PM   #3
Inactive

isolated one HB User
A troubled appendix can give warning signs long before it reaches the point of where it's about to rupture. I had on and off pain like sensations for over a year before I had my attack of full blown appendicitis. Even after the series of blood tests and Xrays in the ER, they STILL didn't think I had appendecitis or any other serious problem and decided to send me home! I knew something was seriously wrong and I pitched a fit, demanding more tests to find the problem. They had me swallow four glasses of barium solution and then did a ct scan. Sure enough, they said I had acute appendicitis. The operation and everything else went smooth after that anyway. My point is that this can sometimes be not so easy to diagnose. Take it from me, I'd make sure to get as much testing done as possible.

Closed Thread