It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2003, 03:53 AM   #1

agoozim HB User
Post Question..

Ok in the last few weeks, i've been stressing out a lot. I also work out in the gym (i dunno if this matters or not, but i've been lifting heavy) anyways, like 2 days ago, i had pretty much a nervous breakdown, and later on that day, when i went to the bathroom, i had some blood in the toilet, and on the toilet paper (it was bright red)...same thing happened yesterday, but when i went today there was no blood..i haven't had any discomfort or anything, but when i went to the shower today, i noticed a little bump in my rectal area. I wanted to know if anyone knew if this could a hemorrhoid, and how i should go about taking care of it. Do hemorrhoids go away by themselfs? could this all be because of stress?
Thanks

Old 03-01-2003, 05:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Hi agoozim,
Sorry about your problem.

It sounds like a hemorrhoid and they don't go away by themselves.They require medical treatment for removal But, anytime you have rectal bleeding it should be checked out by a Doctor.

You can get them by heavy lifting but they usually come because of constipation.

Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 03-01-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
Inactive

isolated one HB User
I'm not sure it's a fact that hemorrhoids always require a doctor's attention to make them go away. But do agree that the sight of blood should be checked by a doctor. Before I discovered Metamucil, I had frequent and lose movements which resulted in hemorrhoids once in a while. The bump could sometimes become rather large and quite painful. With the help of over the counter creams, they went away in less than a week. There was one time where I went to the bathroom and a rather large amount of blood started coming out and it wouldn't seem to stop. In a panic, I went to the ER. Turns out the doctor told me I didn't really need to come in. He said it was a thrombosed(?sp) hemorrhoid and if this condition continued to come back, then I would need surgery. I haven't had hemorrhoids in months since the addition of the fiber supplement.

Old 03-01-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I agree with the other 2 posters but I just wanted to see how you were doing since you stated you had a nervous breakdown are you ok? Have you posted at the stress and axiety board? Lots of nice caring people here if you need to talk. Take care.

Autumn.

Old 03-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #5

agoozim HB User
i'm kinda getting over it..just things seem to be going wrong all at once..and the sad part is, that i'm pretty young..i'm only 22..but you know, things happen..and going to the gym has helped me greatly. i think i'll post in the other forums when i get back after tonight..hopefully i'll have a fun night tonight, and things will start to get back on the right track..thanks for the support guys and galz!

Old 03-01-2003, 10:04 PM   #6
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Hemorrhoids do not go away without surgery of some sort. They may shrink quite a bit to where you really don't notice them but they are still there. Hemorrhoids are nothing more than a varicosed vein of the rectum and are more noticable when they flare up.

Closed Thread