It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
(female)

ebrbetty HB User
Post Distended Stomach?

Hi All, I just got the report back on my upper & lower GI. They did find out I have Gerd but my DR. said I have a distended stomach. When I asked him what that means and what could cause this, he changed the subject. I Hate not knowing. If anyone knows anything about this I would very much appreciate any info. you can give me.
Thanks, Betty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2003, 11:24 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
I am not sure what your doctor meant by a distended stomach since this is not a specific medical term per say. You need to call the office back and speak with his nurse to have this clarified for you. When the doc changed the subject the first time that is when you should have said "wait a minute what about my question?" Never let the doc brush you off or change the subject when you need information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2003, 12:16 AM   #3

Susan HB User
I've never heard of a distended stomach. Were you meaning distended abdomen? Does your tummy pooch out? There can be different reasons for that, including gynecological for us women. Have you seen your GYN lately?

I'd definitely call the doctor back and get him to answer your questions.

------------------
Take care! Susan

Old 03-02-2003, 05:30 PM   #4
Inactive

N2golf HB User
what is a distended abdomen? Sounds dangerous!

Old 03-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #5
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I think it means bloated either with gas or if its lower could be constipation. Also if its lower it could be from PMS or the monthly bloats I am sure there are tests to find out what it could be. Ask the doc what he means.

Autumn.

Old 03-02-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User

a destended stomach could be something as simple as gas or a major gastrointestinal problem.
If you are feeling pain or discomfort go to the hospital ER and have someone check your vital signs.
If you are doing okay, ask the doctor for a better explanation and/or get a second opinion.
Not all doctors see things the same way.
What may give one cause for further investigation might be blown off by another.
Keep looking until you feel your problems have been addressed.
kat

Closed Thread