It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #1

Bysshe HB User
Thumbs up Bysshe's Bowels: I hear angels singing!

You may remember me from the topic "Annoyingly Constipated" in which I expressed my colon's sorry plight...

Well, it turns out that my initial concern was bang-on: my DIET. Looks like it did suck even more than I realized. I vowed to eat healthier and see what happened. I increased my fruit intake every day, bought V8 and Welch's prunejuice. I DECREASED medication (sinus pills) and what can I say but TOUCHDOWN!

For the last week I've been having gorgeous bowel movements every day. My stools are softer, wider, and exit my body without any strain. There is no pain, the whole process is flawless.

I thought I'd feel weird coming on here and telling the world about my bowel movements but it's not at all awkward. Infact, I'm happy to! What's more, I've found a new drink! I thought prunejuice would taste AWFUL but it's really good! I will definately put it on my shopping list from now on.

My doctor and I had a little discussion about it and he offered the following advice, too: papaya, mineral oil & vitamin C all help with constipation. Personally, grapefruit will work for me, as well. But prunejuice is the best, by far.

Thank you all who took the time to respond to my initial post, I appreciate your insight. You all helped me realize that I shouldn't fool around about stuff like this, as it is very serious. I've learned to watch what I eat, now, too. I'm 5'4" and barely over 100 lbs and I thought I never HAD to watch what I ate, but that's SO not true. Now I'm eating healthier and it's starting to benefit me.

All the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread