It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #1

CocaCola HB User
Post Colonics?

Has anyone here ever had a colonic done?

I always have gas, upset stomach (diarreah), and I always feel bloated. I have fairly regular bowel movements (1 per day, sometimes more when my stomach gets upset) but I think that this might be something that I should try. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2003, 09:00 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Have you considered trying yogurt with live active cultures or acidophillis capsules/sprinkles to help get your intestinal flora back to normal first? I would think this is the first thing you need to do. You mention diarrhea too .............if this is a common problem you may want to get this checked by the doc. Also is the diarrhea and upset stomach by chance related to dairy? Try cutting dairy product out and see if this helps. You could have a lactose intolerence. When you eliminate the dairy use the acidophillis capsules in place of yogurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2003, 09:19 PM   #3

CocaCola HB User
Yeah, I should probably get the diarrhea checked out by my doctor. I am sensitive to diary products (like milk, yogurt, ice cream, etc) yet I still eat them so that definitely contributes to my problem. And I do eat the yogurt with the live bacteria thing because I've heard lots of good things about it (even though I don't really know it's purpose).

I have an interesting stomach. It's very sensitive to almost anything besides fruits and veggies and bread. I really have to plan my days around what I'm gonna eat because I never know how my stomach is going to react.

Old 03-05-2003, 09:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
I certainly agree with migables but I alway eat yogurt--- Stonyfield Farm. I think the lactose is mostly digested by the 2 bacteria that it takes to make yogurt.

Old 03-06-2003, 04:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I would also suggest that you try rebalancing your gut flora first with the probiotics and by cutting out the wheat and dairy from your diet. Sounds like you are very sensitive to this. If you have diarrhea, you may also like to consider adding in some Metamucil to help bulk your system up and make your intestines more 'grippy'.

Colonics can be very beneficial also and can clear out a lot from your colon generally. By getting rid of the excess toxins from your gut, you will certainly have more energy afterwards. Your practitioner can add Acidophilus and other herbs to help stomach pain and diarrhea through the machine and these go directly into your colon.

Make sure that you go to a fully qualified practitioner though so that you don't run into problems.

It can have a very beneficial effect generally and is not painful at all.

Good luck.

Closed Thread