It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2003, 11:28 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sakara33 HB User
Question Thombosed or ulcerated Hemorrhoids

I was just wondering if maybe one of you could help, I just happened to come across this board while doing some research, because I think that is what I have...(thrombosed or ulcerated hemorrhoids) anyway my Gastro Dr (I had a colon checkup because colon cancer runs in my family in Dec of 02) put me on a diet (Jan 2003) eating more healthy and also taking metamucil....well I have lost 13 pds. and thought I was doing great until a month ago I got this knot...(about the size of a large pea...and I i'm sure you know where) it has been very painful....so painful that I can't sit for long periods of time and very painful after going to the bathroom.(I get to where I don't want to go) I called my DR and he called in a script for an exlaxative and that made it worst.(which all I wanted was something for pain) I thought I was going to die..the metamucil has been working great...But I still have the pain....I have called the DR back and it will take a month in a half to get in to see him...(I even told them the problems I was having) I can't wait that long...I mean I got hemorrhoids from having kids but never had nothing like this before.....I have tryed different things for the pain and nothing has made it stopped. What should I do.....and also if I go see another DR what is to be expected for the office visit, I mean I can handle going to a Gynecologist...hehe I got used to that but are they going to (don't laugh to hard) ask me to bear all right then and there....Just would like to know what to expect.....not sure if I could do that...I would rather be knocked out cold......so any advice would be great.....thanks a million ...Sakara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2003, 02:40 AM   #2

Hivoltage HB User
I feel your pain.!!!!! Just call your DR. and tell hin to send you to a surgeon and have it removed for good. I am recovering from surgery of having one removed and it is the best thing I ever did. I did as you and went to my regular DR. and he did nothing for me. So I called him and said I wanted this thing removed, and he referred me to a vascular surgeon. Knocked out anw woke up and it was gone.!!!! It wasnt relly that bad.

Old 03-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #3

familyfull HB User
I also came across this site doing some research and appreciated the input on my post (the morning of my surgury consult). You can ready about my experience below here, as I ended up having one hem. removed about 2 weeks ago. My bottom still is a little sore/uncomfortable, but WAY better than the pain I was experiencing before. I hope that my follow up description has not scared anybody - I just chose to not be sedated and yes it hurt like heck!!! (I also did not inquire of any other alternatives - didn't really have all the info)

If you have just been suffering like I had been - I finally told my general practitioner to send me to the surgeon and they did with no problems. Before, I felt this was a ob/gyn type of problem since I had gotten them from childbirth. However, the doctors/nurses said that when a person suffers like this for years that you should see your regular doctor to decide on the surgery referal.

Good Luck, you don't have to live with the pain forever!

Closed Thread