It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2003, 09:58 PM   #1

elvisfreak28 HB User
Unhappy Feeling Bad & Needing advice

Hello. I am 27 years old. I have had a problem for 3 years now and have been to numerous doctors. They all told me that it's H. I am concerned more now because I have read alot of the posts here and alot of the problems that I have people here have also. I do not want to sound crude but you can't get advice if you don't tell the symptoms right? Ok.. when I eat I have to jump and run in fear of going on myself. When I go to the bathroom I sit down and woosh....but sometimes it hurts but for the most part it doesn't. No stool just blood. And when there is stool it is thin and not solid at all. The toilet is dark with blood and when I wipe its like I have had a heavy heavy period. Blood clots of different sizes. I have went one time with no blood on the paper but the stool was dark black. I had a colonoscopy and the doctor only got so far because he said I wasn't cleaned out enough. Never when I have went to the bathroom has there been no blood. And now when I pass gas it gets on my underthings and even comes through those onto my pants. Also there is tremendous amounts of gas and I get pains from time time on my lower left side. After bouts of gas I have to run to the bathroom. I have chills all day and when I go to bed I chill and then sweat over and over again. Shortness of breath and if I go before bed it takes forever for my heart rate to slow down. If you can help me I would appreciate it so so much Thank You

------------------
With The Lord All Things Are Possible

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
The first thing you need to do is see the doc again and get a colonoscopy rescheduled. Be sure to ask the doc or the lab what special preparations you need to do before the colonscopy ie: diet and laxatives/enema's etc. The bleeding with clots as well as thin stools etc could be very serious so get this checked out ASAP. You should also consider having the doc do a CBC as you could be getting anemic from loosing all this blood. Good Luck.

Old 02-24-2003, 11:05 PM   #3

elvisfreak28 HB User
Question

Thank you for replying. I did all the prep work for the colonoscopy like the doc said and even told the nurse that I wasnt all the way clean. The doc said it was ok but that was his excuse. What is a CBC?

------------------

Old 02-25-2003, 08:51 AM   #4

ppeach HB User
A CBC is a complete blood count. It monitors the amount of red cells that you have in your body and can determine whether or not you are anemic. Take care of yourself and go to a doctor who you feel wants to help and doesn't brush off these symptoms. You need to find out why this is happening to you.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:11 AM   #5

elvisfreak28 HB User
Wink

thank you for your reply i will definately look in to it.

------------------

Old 02-25-2003, 10:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Elvis, Maybe it would be a good idea to get a second opinion.
My husband has had a similar problem. Depending on far apart your BM or Bloody movents are you may or may not come up anemic.
Yes, you are probably gushing a lot of blood. But it always looks worse when it hits the water even if it's dark.
But with general bloody gushing they do a complete blood work just because you look bad.
My husband had a hospital prep for his emergency colonoscopy to trouble shoot a problem like that.
He got majorly cleaned out with meds by mouth and even two huge enemas. something like that really should be done in the hospital.
And yes, they do need that passage way clean so they can see.
A precancerous polyp and internal hemorroids were what was found on Colonoscopy #1.
He kept bleeding after that and after about 3 weeks on a round of suppossitory steroids he had another colonoscopy done.
This time a lymph node had to be removed from his transverse colon.
But a few days later he was bleeding again.
Then we were refered to the Colon surgeon.
The colon surgeon got out this device and shot rubber bands on the internal hemorroids he could get.
That ties the hemorroids off and they eventually fall off and exit with the bowels.
OUCHIE!
Not the most fun experience for the husband but the Colon guy was mercifully quick.
The husband was sore for a couple of days but the bleeding stopped for a while.
Well, the bleeding is back.
He's got some steroid suppositories left and some prep H so he's doing that stuff with the powered fiber suppliment every day.
Those powdered fibre suppliments are often the first therapy that gets tried to handle a rectal bleed that does not have any other obvious cause other than hemorroids. The polyps can make things bleed too but since your doctor could not see well he may have missed something.
If your innards were not clean enough for him to see
then that too might be causeing undue pressure by it's presence.
I would ask the Gastro doc to do a hospital prep and then do another Colonoscopy and if that doctor won't do that, then maybe talk to someone who will.
The hospital prep is no fun. But it's better than going through the Colonoscopy process over and over again because the colon is not cleaning out.
Good Luck and hope you find your answers soon.
That bloody gushing business is terribly upsetting.
Kat

P.S.
My post>>Depending on far apart your BM or Bloody movents are you may or may not come up anemic.
Yes, you are probably gushing a lot of blood. But it always looks worse when it hits the water even if it's dark.<<

My husband never came up Anemic because he was holding long enough between gushes for the blood to replensih in the body.
Like when you give blood.
The body restores it's own stock.
I think with him the worst was when the movements were less that 2 hours apart.

[This message has been edited by kat721 (edited 02-25-2003).]

Old 03-09-2003, 03:17 AM   #7

giupset HB User
Unhappy

A CBC will measure your white blood cells (infection) and red blood cells (loss of blood). Are you running a fever? You're sweats as well as the blood with no stool are signs of a GI disorder. Drink plenty of fluids to help with dehydration. You're heart is probably racing because you are already dehydrated. You may want to ask for a "Chem 25" or "SMAC" (same difference). They will be able to look at your electrolytes, albumin plus much more.

Good luck!

Old 03-10-2003, 02:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
The colon surgeon told us that the racing heart thing is due to a response of the Vagus nerve which is a combination of stress from the situation and being emotionally upset about not kowing where all the blood comes from.
kat

Closed Thread