It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2003, 03:50 PM   #1

thejoe HB User
Question Strange sensation

My Bowel movements are back to normal except one thing. After I go I have a feeling that there is still a small bit of stool left. After about 30 seconds I don't feel like there is any left anymore and it doesn't feel like there is any left after that brief few seconds after my stools empty. Is this normal ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
After read alot of messages about BMs I beginning to doubt ---what is normal???

I think everybody is different --- for some people not having a BM for 3 days is normal but certainly not me.
Who know???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 05:16 PM   #3

thejoe HB User
I agree Harry. When I first started having bowel problems I wasn't sure what was "normal" and what wasn't. I have no clue if I had this sensation before or not because I never payed attention. It is hard to determine if something is "normal" or not...especially for a person. Some people go about 3 times a day and that is normal for them. Others go once every few days and its normal.

Old 03-14-2003, 05:20 PM   #4

thejoe HB User
An additional question: What causes the feeling of incomplete evacuation? I know that infections in the rectum cause this, and so does constipation and IBS. But as far as I know these create a feeling of "fullness". My feeling is by no means "fullness". I was thinking that perhaps since I sit all day the stool moves to sluggishly through the lower digestive system and that could be causing the problem? I will go to the doctor in two weeks if this problem persists.

Old 03-14-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
(female)

JeanneMarie HB User
Question

When I had internal hemorrhoid problems, I would get that not finished yet feeling....but since I got that hemorrhoid problem cleared up, never had that feeling since. Hope this helps.

------------------
JeanneMarie

Old 03-14-2003, 07:11 PM   #6

thejoe HB User
I was thinking it was hemorrhoids.....I saw a small bit of bright red blood near the end of my bowel movement too. I will probably see a doctor if I see blood again or if the symptoms worsen.
Did you have to go through surgery to get rid of them or did eating more fiber/drinking water do enough to reduce the swelling?

Old 03-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
theJoe,

I have had surgery for hemorrhoids a long time ago and last year had half (the lower half) of my colon removed because of chronic diverticular bleeding. After the surgery during one of my post op visits, I asked why he didn't take care of my hemorrhoids and take out my appendix while he was there. He said --- that was not your problem then and I wasn't looking for hemorrhroid and it not legal to remove an organ that is ok.

Since then I have had some really unusual indications to have BMs, and after finishing BMs and sometimes I just go to the bathroom at 10 am with no urge whatever and have a complete BM because that is time I GO.

I take Fiber twice daily and eat veggies with 75% of my meals. I sometimes eat Graham crackers as a snack and the additional fiber will cause me to have an significant urge and a very---very complete BM the next day. You may not know that these cracker were developed as a fiber supplement many years ago.

Good complete BMs take care of my hemorrhoids w/o surgery and no blood or pain.

I wish you well---Harry

Old 03-15-2003, 08:28 AM   #8

thejoe HB User
Harry: Recently I have been eating plenty of fruits/veggies and eating cereal every morning to load up on fiber and since then the problems have mostly gone away. It seems like adding Fiber stop straining which in turn stops irritating and putting pressure on the hemorhoids which is what causes them to swell and create symptoms. In my opinion fiber is enough to get rid of hemorrhoid symptoms also.

Old 03-15-2003, 10:07 AM   #9
(female)

JeanneMarie HB User
Talking

Sounds like you read up and solved your own problems. Yes fiber, plenty of liquids, stops the straining, and therefore ends the problem. It stopped mine. Good luck. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing, that we can go to a board like this, and discuss our problems, and find out we are not alone in our problems. Stop the straining, that was the key for me.

------------------
JeanneMarie

Closed Thread