It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2003, 02:28 PM   #1

avsfan32 HB User
Question burping, diarrhea, and stomach pain

sorry for the not so fun sounding subject title.

i am a 19 year old male and for whatever reason during the last two or three months or so i have felt like i have been burping much more then normal. this is also accompanied with excess stomach gurgling. i have tried acid reducers and gas-x with no real luck.

then, the last three weeks or so, i have had a lot of stomach pain and occasional diarrhea. the pain has not been very intense (except for one night where it was real bad) and the diarrhea seems to come and go (i've had loose/watery/floating stools like once per week for the last three weeks. it's odd. seems like the beginning of the week ill get diarrhea, then the rest of the week i just have stomach pain, and then it starts back up again on Monday or Tuesday of the next week). i usually wake up with stomach pain and then some days it goes away and some days it stays, but its not serious enough to stop me from doing anything. its just, annoying you know? i have tired to take like two pepto bismol before i go to bed but that does not seem to help at all.

the last time i had a physical i was given a blood test and my bilirubin count was slightly high (1.3 or 1.4 i think) and my doctor did a gallbladder ultrasound (i was having bouts of nausea then) and it was negative at that time.

any idea on what could be causing the problem? i keep reading on the web to check with a doctor if the diarrhea is constant, but i don't know what to do about mine. it is constant in that it happens once a week, but the rest of the week i do not have it (just have stomach pain and excess burping/stomach gurgling), so i dont know what to think.

thank you very much for all of the help.

jeremy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2003, 06:14 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Since your symptoms have not responded to over the counter treatments then it is time to consult the doc for his opinion. The stomach discomfort alone should be enough to warrent a visit to the doc.

Closed Thread