It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 11:02 PM   #1
(female)

Poo2 HB User
Hey Twisten

How are you? How's the Crohn's lately? Mine has been okay. I always have pain in the abdomen and today I'm really, really nauseated. I also feel like I have been run over by a truck, I'm so tired.

I apologize if I have asked you this before but what kinds of meds are you on? What has helped you and what hasn't? Does your Dr. prescribe pain meds? Mine does but he is always concerned with constipation. This is always a problem even if I don't take them. I'm sure you know. What are your major problems when you have a flare?

One last question, how were you diagnosed?

Take care,

Paula

Old 11-16-2004, 10:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Re: Hey Twisten

Hey Poo. I actually was taken off all my meds a couple months ago after my last colonoscopy that my new GI ordered was good. My old GI said that was a big mistake and I agree as I'm having problems again now. When mine is active it tends to affect my bladder too and I run to the washroom about every 10 minutes. I was last on imuran, asacol and prednisone and pantoloc. The only one I'm still on is the pantoloc. I deal with nausea on a continuous basis also. I do have meds for it but they don't help much. I've been on pain meds continuously for close to 2 years now but not generally for my crohns although they do help some when I'm flaring. I have horrible back pain and was just diagnosed with osteopenia and osteoporosis. I know before my back pain was diagnosed and my crohns was active unless I was in the hospital I had one heck of a time getting a doc to prescribe me anything for pain. What type of pain meds do they give you? Do you take stool softeners to help with the constipation? I find I have to. It took me better than 25 years to get a diagnosis. In that time I had blood in my stool, fistula, fissures but I kept getting told I had IBS. It was finally by colonoscopy I got diagnosed only about 3-4 years ago. I hoped I answered everything for you. I'm not in here to much I'm usually on the pain management board so if you post to me and I don't see it come on over to the other board and find me. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread