It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2003, 10:54 PM   #1

mushroom1 HB User
Post defecography/rectal descent

Has anyone had one of these done?

Anyone know anything about rectal descent?

Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
(female)

brmidi HB User
Hi mushroom1

My Dad has a rectal prolapse and I've been trying for months to find info on the best surgeries for this problem. However, everything I've read seems so negative that he's beginning to resign himself to living the rest of his life this way.

The latest info I've heard is that there is a Dr. in California who has developed a procedure of building a shelf for the rectum, which is apparently successful, but so far I've not been able to get his name. Have you heard about this?

If you come up with any information on this could you please post it on this board.

Thank you so much!

Crystal

Please read the board guidelines NO email addresses are allowed.
Thanks---Moderator4

[This message has been edited by moderator4 (edited 02-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2003, 09:08 PM   #3

CatW HB User
I do have quite a bit of info available on this topic that you might find helpful and would be happy to share but am new to this board and not quite familiar with the "rules." Are you allowed to post URL links within your messages?

Old 03-21-2003, 05:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I think you might find that a rectal prolapse and what the original poster was talking about are two totally different things.

A rectal descent test measures how long it takes stools to descend through the rectum and into the anus and out of the body. I have a feeling that this test is performed with an imaging camera. What happens is that you have to sit in a room on your own on the toilet when you feel that you need to have your bowels open. This camera then takes pictures of the action of your bowels and the stools going through the rectum and the anus and out of the body so that any problems can be highlighted. I think you also need to drink a sort of dye solution so that it shows up.

Hope this helps and it is different to a rectal prolapse as far as I am aware, as it is a test rather than a condition in itself?

Old 03-22-2003, 10:54 PM   #5

Samuelemouse HB User
CatW, I don't think there is a problem posting URL links. I would be interested to see what you have got as well. Regards.

Old 03-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #6

Drea HB User
CatW, If you are in doubt, send the url to the first moderator listed, they will promptly email you whether or not it qualifies. There are a couple of categories it must not have in order to be acceptable... One is that it must not be a site that advertises, another is that it must not have a forum of its own.. So, best to just send it to the moderator to be sure. It really does not take long to get an answer.. I hope this helps.

Closed Thread