It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2003, 05:29 PM   #1

Spirit HB User
Question really scared

Sorry for the double post-other I did not see show up. I am really scared cause I have diverticulitis and no urge at all to go.NONE! In the morning only I pass 2 inch long formed stool and than later when I feel pressure in the rectum soft stool is sitting in me and I have to dig it out. Sorry so graphic! I am under much stress! My doc says it is stress causing it. To calm down. I have had this probems 2 yrs I thought it started after a chiropractor adjustments. But found another chiro and did not help. I have had lots of losses in my life first a close friend my dog than now my husband(he is divorcing me after 26yrs)I am not very good and no he does not want to work it out. I don;t see how stress can cause this much damage. The movements won't come down-my chiro says my diaphram is tense and putting pressure on my upper colon and i do what she says to do but don't help. I take 1 tablespoon of metamucil everyday and drink plenty of water and my colon feels irritated. I take acidoliplus also. and priobiotic. My hormones were tested my cortisol levels are very high cause of stress. I had a colonoscopy done and have diverticulitis and I am worried about emptying. When I take magensium it drops down soft but still won't push out. I also have a big internal hemmoroid which the meds did not help with. Doc won't remove it. I was told I dont have ibs with the colonoscopy. Sometimes i can have diarrehea and sometimes nothing sometimes very hard. With metamucil I have been passing gas feel rectum pressure pass gas on the toilet and just musus comes out. My rectum is all stretched out. After colonics it looks like rectum comes out or maybe it is the hemmorid. I have been to docs and they want to push laxatives I have been that route and just causes bad runs. Something is wrong and I can not get help. What causes you to lose the urge? Now I have to use minerol oil for lubrication cause it just feels so dry inside and when I am stressed I have pains in colon.What is wrong with me PLEASE try to help me! I also am full of gas-my stomach bothers me alot too. I also take digestive enzymes but don;t notice it helping. I started taking DGL for stomach and will see what happens. I do not feel very well-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2003, 07:12 PM   #2

JanettoB HB User
Try some All Bran extra fiber every morning followed by a glass of water or juice. I have a very large stretched out colon (from straining). You probably need the bulk that the fiber will give you to feel the urge.

Metamucil did nothing for me even if I took it several times a day. Janetto

Old 01-29-2003, 09:34 AM   #3

augi7 HB User
Only thing I can advise you is to try doing enemas. When I'm constipated, or it's soft and it just won't come out I do enemas with lukewarm water. Do it right at the toilet, cause it usually works quite fast. Repeat until you feel "clean".
Also - are you eating enough? Whenever I eat less I don't feel the need to poop. Even when I know there should be at least some. When I eat a lot, like I -unfortunately- mostly do, I'm in the bathroom constantly.

Old 01-29-2003, 12:21 PM   #4

michelle123 HB User
Hello

Try treating the liver, you may not be producing enough bile. This is what I use
Dandelion tea
ginger tea (grate ginger root into hot water)
First thing in the morining have a very warm cup of water with lots of lemon juice.
Try some herbs, I have used BPX natures sunshine stimulates the liver.
Go and see a naturopath, (guarantee they will sort it out!)
goodluck

Old 01-29-2003, 09:30 PM   #5

Spirit HB User
Unhappy

Michele,
I am producing-magensium cleaned alot out of me. Sometimes when I drink echinea tea more comes out. I tried to get the doc to check into infections but she kept insisting it is stress. I see a chiro that does muscle testing and deals with nutrition and she says it is stress too. We don't have a naturapath in our area that I know of. I will do the lemon drink and see what happens. I have read when the urge is lost it comes from the liver. But my chiro says my liver muscle tests fine. I have dealt with another woman that sells nature sunshine that also does muslce testing over the phone-her program never works for me. She had me taken tons of pills UGH! Said I have candida and hploria and wants me to take mood elevator for my liver-which I don't see what that has to do with my liver. What is it this liver pill you take? I have a shaklee DTX formulat with milk thistle and mushrooms in it. Would that work? My colon just hurts. I will cut back on the magensium that was scarey.My chiro said I muscle tested for 5 a day I only took 2. What calcium works best anyone? Nature Sunshine wants me to take coral calcium(i have not heard alot of good of that one) Is calcium carbonate ok? I also had an eye reading done and was told I am not assimulating calcium and have a dark colon with 3 stress rings. Have not been told how to assimulate calcium. I get so many run arounds anymore.Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-29-2003, 09:32 PM   #6

Spirit HB User
Unhappy

Aug-enemas just bring out mucos

Old 01-29-2003, 09:46 PM   #7

Spirit HB User
I have tried all bran before got some oat bran today to try-thank you

Old 01-30-2003, 03:51 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I should just warn you about taking Calcium supplements if you are constipated. Calcium helps your bowel to absorb back more water, making your stools firmer, so by taking calcium, you could be making your constipation worse.

As the liver is the largest detox and elimination organ within the body it can get 'backed-up' so to speak and this can cause you to have lots of stomach and bowel problems, so things that help to detox the liver can really help. Milk Thistle is good, because it can help the liver to work more efficiently and therefore detox more efficiently. It can also help the liver cells to renew more effectively. Hepatocytes - liver cells are the only ones in the body which can regenerate.

By supporting your liver, you may be able to help a lot of your problems.

From what you were saying about your anxiety problems, I would say that these are to do with your Heart energy, rather than your liver and if you have restless and disturbed sleep, waking during the night and an inability to get to sleep, then these are all Heart issues.

Acupuncture can also be very effective in dealing with these issues and if you can't find an ND in your area, then perhaps you could find an acupuncturist instead?

Give it a go and see.

Good luck

Old 01-30-2003, 05:23 AM   #9

Spirit HB User
Sara-I live in a small area and have no benefits here of NDs but my chiro has a machine that tests my energy levels and I self acupunture myself between treatments.I don't think she is a real acupunture person

Old 04-01-2003, 10:54 PM   #10

almondsfix HB User
You won't believe it I didn't I wasn't able to make a bowel movement for 2 weeks I have a protruding rectum gas mucos just horrible I started eating shelled almonds I couldn't believe it I can't stop going not runny either it is still hard to push out but I make a movement almost everytime I sit. I had to cut back because of the calories so I now have 1 hand full 3 times a day and no medications fiber or doctors that tell me eat more fiber

Old 04-01-2003, 10:56 PM   #11

almondsfix HB User
Oh me again I've had this on going problem for 12 years always have used teas to go poop not any more shelled almonds!

Old 04-02-2003, 04:56 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

If you have a chiropractor in your area, then there must be a proper acupuncturist and I would suggest that you go and see one. Do not use the chiropractor for acupuncture if they are not properly trained.

Old 04-03-2003, 06:23 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
whenever some docs can't find a diagnosis, they ALWAYS say that it's stress -- i've had this thrown at me a few times and REFUSE to accept it ...

when your body is stressed, it affects the immune system, and of course you're stressed if you're going thru' a divorce ...

so all i can say to you, you poor thing, is get a new doc, get acupuncture NOT chiropractic (i think chiro does much more harm than good), and know that this board is here -- keep in touch ...

[This message has been edited by jinglebts (edited 04-03-2003).]

Closed Thread