It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 04:23 AM   #1

Wind_Dancer HB User
Yellow Film, Slime, Water in stool

Okay, some of this is gross, but what do you expect in the bowel forum? I've had stomach problems for years......but last year things got worse because I had TTP (Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura). If you've never heard of it let's just say it's a blood disease and leave it at that. It messed with my whole body. When this caused my stomach/bowel problems to worsen, I noticed that my my stool which was often and is often either diarrhea or somewhere between the consistancy of diarrhea and normal stool, had become constantly diarrhea and there was a yellow film in the bowl all the time. Sometimes the stool itself was yellow. Plus, the water in the toliet bowl turned yellow. After I recovered from TTP my stool was more normal than it had been in a long time (even before the TTP), but it started to go back to it's old ways, which, included, among other problems- most bowel movements including abnormally soft stool if not diarrhea. Although I had stomach problems since childhood, the yellow color had developed during the time when I had TTP. At that time I had also developed jaundice which I figure was the cause of the yellow color of my stool. Although, my jaundice is gone, my skin being normal in color and the whites of my eyes no longer being yellowed either, my stool is still often pale colored and when I wipe there is often some slimy stool on the paper that is usually either the pale color of the stool or is sometimes yellow even if the stool is not yellow. Also, sometimes I don't see slimy yellow stool on the paper, but yet when I wipe I see yellow on the toliet paper as if it was a yellow liquid that was absorbed. Sometimes the water in the toliet bowl is yellow. It does that fairly often. It did that tonight, in fact. I think my stool may have been yellow since I have recovered, but I am not sure. I know it is often pale. I also know that yellow color and sometimes slimy yellow stool ends up on the toliet paper and the toliet bowl water is sometimes yellow even if the stool in the bowl isn't yellow. Once (not sure if this was while I was sick or since then, I can't recall), I actually noticed a yellow color floating up off the feces. I can't figure out why there is still yellow slime and yellow water and why my feces is always pale. Could my liver be damaged? I tried looking up reasons for this online and discovered reasons for yellow stool and pale stool are often the same. A lot of the reasons don't seem to make sense for me though. One suggestion, was that it could be caused by a maldigestive or malabsorption disorder, but wouldn't such a disorder cause my blood counts to be low? My blood counts have been good since my recovery. However, I do wonder about the possibility, though. I may be paranoid here, but sometimes, I think that I don't digest and absorb stuff properly because, well I may be imagining this here, but it seems to me that way too much undigested food makes it out of my bowels with my stool. I know this happens some to everyone, but I think this happens an unusual amount with me. Any ideas what could be wrong with me? By the way, I have read that this could be fat that is coming out with my stool.....but why would it be doing this? I mean, my diet hasn't changed much, so why the change in my stool? I know what you eat plays a factor in stool color, so I might should mention I'm a vegetarian ( ovo-lacto...have dairy products and eggs ) and have been for many years. Also, if it has any significance, I drink pop (soda) like crazy and not much else. I have been doing this (drinking mostly pop) for most of my life though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 05:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: Yellow Film, Slime, Water in stool

I believe the color is due to extra secretions of biles and digestive enzymes in your system....usually attributed to stress and sometimes to medications you may be on such as steroids etc. Sometimes even though we've stopped a particular medication it still remains in our system foe some time. Also, your vegetarian diet may have something to do with it. Are you eating alot of orange/yellow veggies such as turnips, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, wax beens etc.????

If this really is of concern to you...why not discuss it with your physician???? It may be just a simple phone call that will take away the stress and worry you are undergoing at this time.....Good Luck....Goody

Old 11-18-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

Have you ever had gallbladder problems? I had something years ago similar to this and it was because my gallbladder wasn't functioning properly. It straightened out on its own after a couple of months and I still have my gallbladder. Blood tests alone aren't always accurate indicators of something going on. Just before I was diagnosed with crohns my blood tests were pretty normal but when I had a colonoscopy I had multiple lesions inside. My doctor told me that sometimes happens. You are seeing a doctor right? If not I would recommend you do and try to get to the bottom of what is happening. Good luck.

Old 11-22-2004, 06:51 AM   #4
(female)

nooyawker HB User

Try reading up on celiac disease. Do you eat a lot of bread, wheat and pasta? I understand many people have this disease and dont know it.

Closed Thread