It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2004, 10:08 AM   #1

jenkyaus HB User
Unhappy what could be wrong?

I really need some advice here. Here is a rundown of what's happening:
I have a dull achy pain in RUQ. I have trouble passing gas, have to strain majority of the time. I have a bm everyday by straining to get it out but it's only droplets and recently its really thin. But sometimes I'll have a normal bm without straining. My anus is extremely tight, sorry for being blunt here, i can't even stick my little finger in the hole. I have bright red blood sometimes after a bm on the paper but not alot. I did have a change in bm over the last year, went from 3 bm a week to a bm everyday, but i just figure that since i changed my diet that was actually normal. I'm just really terrified that i may have colon cancer. Im 25 female with no family history of colon cancer. Please give me any suggestions on what could be wrong with me. I will be going to the doctor as soon i as save enough money, cause i don't have any insurance. Please help, im really scare.

Last edited by jenkyaus; 11-22-2004 at 11:27 AM. Reason: change title

Old 11-23-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Re: Have to strain to pass gas and bm...normal?

You might have hemmoroids and that is what is causing some of your problems. Have you tried increasing your fiber intake to see if that helps with passing gas and having more regular bm's? I highly doubt it is cancer. Usually with bowel cancer there are no symptoms until it's pretty much to late to catch. Definitely go to your doc as soon as possible. Good luck and welcome to the boards. I'm sure more people will respond shortly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2004, 12:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Have to strain to pass gas and bm...normal?

Hi,

Aside from hemorrhoids, you might also have a fissure.....and the above advice of adding more fibre through foods plus fluids is really a way to make the stool more soft and "fluffy"...causing a better evacuation plus less wear and tear on the anus.

Please stop pushing.....one thing that can happen is a prolapsed rectum...and it's not something that can be just put back in place.

Stress doesn't help, and the fact that you're going more often (daily) is a good thing. The small skinny stools are probably from a tight sphincter muscle. You might also have a thrombosed internal hemorrhoid which kind of takes up room in the cavity.

It really would be best for you to see a doctor where you can be properly diagnosed and treated.

Having gas that's hard to release can cause problems in the long run....but it's possible it's all related and stress is exacerbating your symptoms.

Have you started eating anything really different lately, are you consuming artificial sweeteners?

Keep us posted as to what's happening.

Best to you,
quincy

Closed Thread