It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
(male)

dddebddd HB User
Itchy ********... :(

Hello...im a newbie i guess u can call it to the forums but heres the deal. Lately for about a month my ******** has been itching really bad everyonce in a while. Now i know i dont have worms...i have been checking and have had no sign of worms. It sometimes gets to the point where i itch it too bad(cant help it) and it sometimes starts to bleed a little bit. So..Is there any antiboitic ointment or anything to stop this itching. To be quite honest...Im too embarressed to tell anyone and i dont think its that bad to go to the doctors. If someone could help me out of what might be causing this itch, or any help would be much appreciated...thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Re: Itchy ********... :(

Is it possible you have hemmoroids and they are causing the itching? They can be internal just as easily as external. As for the itching there are lots of otc meds that you can get. Preparation H and Anusol are just 2 that come to mind. Welcome to the boards by the way. Hope you enjoy it in here although bowel problems are not something any of us enjoy!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2004, 01:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

ditto to twisten!

It could also be a yeast infection.

You could take a look-see by squating over a mirror on the floor and see if there's anything visible. If not, you might try an antifungal/anti-inflammatory ointment and see if it improves.

BUT(t) ;-)......if it doesn't improve within a week or so, you'd be best to see a doctor about it.

Oh, other suggestion could be your soap, laundry soap, toilet paper...etc.

Hope you get to the "bottom" of the problem,
quincy

Old 11-25-2004, 04:32 PM   #4
(male)

dddebddd HB User

Hey thanks for the help...but im starting to think its a fissure. Cause when i do poop, i have to let it out slowly becuase my anus will bleed if i dont, and it feels like a sharp pain. but im confused since my anus itches too. By the way i am 17 years old, and im worried because i havent heard of any 17 year olds getting this. I did check it out in the mirror and its not a yeast infection. Well... i will probably go and buy some ointment tomorrow...just need to figure out what would be the right ointment to use. any advice?

Old 11-26-2004, 12:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

Yes, it could very well be a fissure. Hems do also bleed and hurt while having a bm. I mentioned prepartion h and anusol. When I had a fissure my doctor gave me anusol (otc) and it helped. She also gave me a nitrogycerin ointment (by prescription) but I had a horrid headache so couldn't use that one. Good luck and I hope you find some relief fast. I know what the itching can be like!!

Old 11-26-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

plus, make sure that you clean well after every bm......a hand shower is the best and most thorough, a sitz bath as well.

But, in the event that you don't have those conveniences...wet toilet paper, products like Tucks or baby wipes or something like that to make sure there's no stool in the anal folds. As well, even toilet paper "dust" can be irritating.

Proctocetyl worked for my fissure, as well did just otc hydrocortisone cream applied a few times a day.

Feel better soon,
quincy

Old 11-27-2004, 05:59 AM   #7

dallas222888 HB User

Try Hydrocortisone. I think its called cortaid in the drug store. It's for anal itching.

Old 11-27-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
(male)

dddebddd HB User

Hey fellas...well yesterday i finally told my parents that i possibly have a fissure, and it felt good to finally tell someone. Happens to be that my Moms old boyfriend used to have one too so my Mom knows what im experiencing. So we went out and bought some Peperation H, and i have recently changed my diet a little and added more fiber for easier bm's. I want to try and get rid of this thing before even thinking about an operation. I would like to thank all that applied to this post...cause seriously..if i havent thought about looking this up, it would have probably gotten alot worse. So thanks guys. Ill keep ya updated on how things turn out.

Old 11-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

Glad to hear you spoke with your parents about it and got some help. Just remember if it doesn't get better to go to your family doctor to have it checked. Please do keep us updated on how you're doing.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #10
(male)

dddebddd HB User

Hey its been about 3 or 4 days now...and im doin better. I am currently using preperation h and a better diet and stool softener, and my bm's arent even painful anymore...only one thing. The itching still seems to bother me every once in a while. Not as much as before, but i get the crazy " I HAVE TO ITCH OR IM GONNA GO CRAZY " deals. Other than that im doin fine now. What could be causing this itching sensation?

edit: also my stool's are now green? have been like this for 2 days. Is it from the stool softener? I only take one a day.

Last edited by dddebddd; 11-30-2004 at 04:43 PM.

Closed Thread