It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2002, 07:39 AM   #1
Inactive

Mandie HB User
Post cleveland cinic

I have been suffering with rectal pains for over a year now running from dr. to dr. I am just so disgusted and depressed over it that I am considering a big step and going to a well known clinic for this problem. After doing much research, I came upon the Cleveland clinic. I live in N J so this would be quite costly for me, but, if it could help me, it does not matter But, I need references and I was hoping that one of you on this board might know something about this clinic. It would be so helpful if I could have an idea if this is the right move for me, as i am constantly racking my brain over what to do next to try to alleviate this aawful pain and try to live my life. Thank You

Old 11-21-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

Why are you running from doctor to doctor? Why not just stick with one and give him the time he needs to carry out all the appropriate investigations that need to be done to find the cause of your problems.

Unless you feel that all the doctors you have seen are wrong?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
Inactive

Mandie HB User
hi Sarah- THe drs I have seen all tell me something different- some say spasms, some say my nerves are miss firing, some say tendinitis of the rectal muscles, and a few just say levator syndrome. None of them have given me any concrete answer as to why or how to help me. All of these answers just tend to confuse me and have me feel that maybe I should go to a place that will check everything and maybe give me some sort diagnosis that I can deal with. I really do not want to put myself thru all of those tortuous tests, but I just don't know what else to do. It is just an awful thing when people laugh and say "you have a pain in the ***, huh" and I have to laugh back while inside I am crying.

Old 05-19-2003, 02:56 PM   #4

SuperApe HB User
Smile

I have suffered from anal pain for 15 years.

I have also suffered from various psychological problems (OCD and depression) and other "physical disorders" (dizziness, chronic fatigue, lower back pain).

I now FULLY BELIEVE that in my case the two problems have the same cause: repressed emotions. The symtpoms I experienced all succeeded in their purpose. To divert my mind from horrible unpleasant feelings and not make me face them. (You said "i am constantly racking my brain over what to do next to try to alleviate this aawful pain "). This reminds me so much of me when I first experienced these problems.

Please note I am referring only to my own experience of this pain. However, I have be told by a number of psycyhiatric professionals that other patients they have also experience these symptoms.

I hope this helps. Take Care!!

Old 06-15-2003, 10:38 AM   #5

Hap HB User
Mandy,
What did they diagnose you with? I think I have the same problem as you. A burning pain in the anal area. Please let me know what they said about you. I've been diagnosed with rectal spasm, but I doubt that is the problem.

Old 12-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #6
(female)

sabaka HB User
Re: cleveland cinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandie
I have been suffering with rectal pains for over a year now running from dr. to dr. I am just so disgusted and depressed over it that I am considering a big step and going to a well known clinic for this problem. After doing much research, I came upon the Cleveland clinic. I live in N J so this would be quite costly for me, but, if it could help me, it does not matter But, I need references and I was hoping that one of you on this board might know something about this clinic. It would be so helpful if I could have an idea if this is the right move for me, as i am constantly racking my brain over what to do next to try to alleviate this aawful pain and try to live my life. Thank You
I've been reading your and other stories about rectal pain with sadness and familiarity...i've suffered for 13 years ...these posts go back more than a year, though, and i'm wondering if you've found any solutions or help of any kind....? did you go to the cleveland clinic?

Many thanks,
sabaka

Closed Thread