It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2002, 10:13 PM   #1

theotherguy HB User
Post sweating when bowel movements

I don't know if anyone has/had this problem, but my son recently approached me with a health issue he has. Apparently when he was in college, his diet was terrible he had developed some problems with his bowl movements due to constant having the need to go and not having access all the time. From what he had told me, he had bowel movements at times up to 6-8 times in a period of a few hours. (this is a worst case scenario) Little or sometimes nothing comes out at all, he would sit on the toilet and before being able to go, the movements would pass.
He has since changed his life style and it's been a lot better for him. He still needs to go at least 3-4 times a day to clean everything out but he's getting it out at least.

His main concern right now is: whenever having bowel movements, he would sweat near the buttocks area. The amount depends on the strongness of "needing to go." To me, this is very peculiar. What is wrong with him? I have asked him to visit the doctor numerous times but we have arguements about it due to the fact that I think he's too embarrassed to go.
He's not as outgoing as before either. I am guessing that it's taken a toll on his social life also.
I am very concerned and worried about him.
PLS HELP

Any ideas would be greatly apprecited!

theotherguy

Old 12-19-2002, 06:47 PM   #2

theotherguy HB User
can someone please help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 10:38 AM   #3

scottandrae HB User
Hi,

I have similar symptoms. In my case, I sweat profusely, especially around the buttocks and scalp, if there's anything in my colon in the morning. If I go, but not completely, my body tells me to go again by sweating unrelentingly. If I drink a hot beverage during this time, I sweat bullets. Once I empty my bowels completely, the sweating stops immediately. My doctor is stumped. Does this sound like any of you? Have you found any answers? Scott

------------------
Scott

Old 08-17-2003, 11:52 AM   #4

kiki lou HB User
Sounds like an autonomic nervous system reaction. Annoying, but benign.

Kiki

Old 08-21-2003, 01:52 AM   #5

anonperson HB User
kiki,
do you know if there is a way to fix this?

Closed Thread