It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2003, 10:09 AM   #1

Bluko HB User
Post 5-10 Bowel Movements a day! Normal?

For about the past 2 years I have had 5 to 10 bowel movements (different densities) a day with mild stomach pain. I am guessing that this is not normal, I have talked to friends and family and they say an average of about 2 a day. I wish! I have gotten to the point where I rate my day on how many bowel movements I have had before noon.
The morning is usually the worst, I average about 4 before noon. When I eat, right after I eat I have to go. I have a fairly healthy diet, I try my hardest not to eat fast food.
Anyone have a similair problem, or have any ideas?
Cheers!

Old 09-29-2003, 01:18 PM   #2

Jane X HB User
Does it always happen in the morning? This happens to me too, Like when I have a class at 11, I will get up earlier so that I will be able to finish having to go to the bathroom before class. This is one thing that causes my anxiety, I'm always afraid that I'm not finished and that I will have to go when I'm in class. Also, my first bowel movement of the days is usually well formed, then the rest are not as nice, does this happen to you too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2003, 05:01 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Any change in bowel habits needs to be checked out by the doc. You mention some stomach pain too so please get this checked out.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #4
ilovesunshine

Is it normal bowel movements or diarrhea???

Old 10-02-2003, 08:27 AM   #5
Mara

That can dehydrate you. Be careful.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:47 AM   #6

purplepansy31 HB User
Hey Bluko, you must go and see your GP immediately. It sounds to me like you have a bowel disease, such as Ulcerative Colitis, Crohns, etc. Don't panic!! the Doc will send you to see a consultant at the hospital, who will do some tests and probably put you on some type of daily drug regime. Whatever happens, I wish you luck.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:15 AM   #7

Laura79 HB User
Red face

I go about 3-4 times a day. Don't have any pain. It just might be from what you are eating!?

Old 10-11-2003, 06:55 PM   #8

Luther Maze HB User
You may have i.b.s. the morning symtoms are the same as mine and I have been diagnosed with ibs d. Mind you this is after years of changeing around my diet and I've had a scolptimy and blood work done.
[url="http://www.********.org"]www.********.org[/url] is a good site to learn of ibs. also the term ibs D or C is to denote the frequency of BMs note nessasarily the densities, however mines not all that solid. the above site states that the average frequency is 3 a day to 1 every 3 days.

You should DEFINANTLY go to a doctor and get the tests done mentioned at ********.org

Fell free to pm me, if its possible on this site let me know, if not my profile has my email and my screen name is the same at the above site.
Let us know how your doing

peace

ok this site * out messages a lot I'll try to spell it with spaces
i b s g r o u p . o r g

------------------
"Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man"-Luther Maze

[This message has been edited by Luther Maze (edited 10-11-2003).]

Closed Thread