It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 01:30 AM   #1

breckinc HB User
Post 2 year old son with bloody mucous in stool

I am so worried about my 2 year old son. For a week now he has been having bloody mucous in his stools. I took him to the doctor right away and he had me put him on a bland diet, and had me take stool samples to the lab to test for bugs and parasites. The test results came back negative today. The doctor said to just keep him on a bland diet for another week. He says he thinks his stomach is just irritated from antibiotics he was on for an ear infection and maybe a flu (he had diarrhea for a couple of days). I am still so worried, has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2003, 08:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
I know how worried you are and rightly so --- your son depends on you totally for his care.

Diarrhea affects everyone differently and can certainly irriate his colon. But, you usually don't see blood in the stool of such a young person but it can happen. The important thing is you did the right thing to take him to a doctor.

I wish him well and God Bless--Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 10-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2003, 12:47 AM   #3

breckinc HB User
First I want to thank Harry for your nice response. I thought I should post the results so Harry would know, and so if this ever happens to anyone else who should read this so maybe it can ease there worries a little bit. My son is fine now, he had the problem for nearly 2 weeks, but the doctor said his tummy was irritated from the 2 different kinds of antibiotics he was on for his ear infection and he had a virus. So I am very relieved and thankful to God.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:00 AM   #4

pooh5474 HB User
Re: 2 year old son with bloody mucous in stool

I've been going through the same thing w/my 6 year old son...he had that stomach bug about 2 weeks ago...then was put on antibiotics for a sinus infection. He started having the loose slimey stools w/blood. I called the doctor, they said the same thing, irritation. I told him not to flush the toilet after he goes so I can keep an eye on it though, just so I know it's not getting any worse.

Closed Thread