It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2003, 08:39 PM   #1

no1atall HB User
Question normal to bleed a bit when wiping?

A QUESTION SO PERSONAL....
IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE LIGHT BLOOD SPOTTING WHEN I WIPE MY SELF AFTER A BOWEL MOVEMENT? THERE IS NO PAIN OR BURNING....BUT I AM MOST TIMES A BIT CONSTIPATED...BUT IS IT STILL OK?

Old 10-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #2

syrupsosweet HB User
I have the same thing when I eat too much sugar and also when I'm constipated. My doc told me that it has to do with the hard stool rubbing agaist these small blood vessels on the inside of your colon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #3

no1atall HB User
BUT IS IT SOMETHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT? LIKE IS IT A TEAR OR FISSURE IN THE ANUL WALLS? WILL IT EVER HEAL?

Old 10-20-2003, 09:36 PM   #4

josh808 HB User
i had the same thing my doc gave me anusol suppositories he said it would heal any cracks or anything caused when forcing yourself to use the bathroom.

Old 10-23-2003, 03:55 PM   #5

Laura67 HB User
NO NO NO!

It could be something serious, go to a doctor as quick as possible!

Old 10-23-2003, 04:06 PM   #6

fudd HB User
Rectal bleeding is usually not a serious concern, but there are a few things that definitely need to be ruled out. You should see your physician about these concerns as soon as possible. Some things that he/she will want to know - what is the color/consistency of the stool? Is the blood bright red or dark? Any history of medications (even OTC) or alcohol? Any abdominal or back pain, and if so what kind? Any change in bowel habits?

Again, there are lots of reasons for bleeding and most of them are not very significant. There are only a few that are serious, but they must be ruled out.

Old 10-23-2003, 07:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Rectal bleeding should always be checked out by a doctor.
I lost about half my blood in the ER and passed out before the doctor took me seriously --- He wanted me to wait until Monday and it was 11pm on the weekend. I had half of my colon removed because of diverticular bleeding.

Never but never take rectal bleeding lightly. I have a friend that suffered from constipation her entire life and she had a colon exam that revealed a carpets of polyps (polyporosis). She now has no colon!!

The second leading cause of cancer deaths is COLON cancer --- the first sign is blood. Rectal exams can readily prevent most cases that are ignored.

Old 10-23-2003, 07:40 PM   #8

no1atall HB User
OK, OK....
BUT ,(NO PUN INTENDED)
IT'S PROBABLY NOT SERIOUS IF IT IS JUST A BIT OF LITTLE SPOTTING......LIKE YOU PICKED A SMALL SCRATCH
I THINK I AM JUST PUSHING TOO HARD AND TEMPORARILY TEARING A BIT OF ANUL TISSUE...IS THAT REASON TO GO THROUGH THE BIG TO DO OF A CLONOSCOPY??

Old 10-24-2003, 05:53 AM   #9

Marg001 HB User
Hi No1atall:
I had Ulcerative Colitis when I was 32 yrs old. It actually started out with very little rectal bleeding and progressed rapidly. Had several operations. My first one was an emergency one. So in other words I would have to agree with everybody else and DO NOT ignore this, because IF it is serious, at least they can catch it early. Good luck!!!
Two months later had to go back and have Illestomy closed.
Now almost 1 year having chronic lower back pain due to Spondylolesthesis, and DDD, and also still have a 31 degree curse to back.
Also have a dextro-scoliosis and a levo-scoliosis.

Old 10-24-2003, 06:20 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
no1atall, If you think the bleeding is just a little local irritation, and since you seem hesitant to go to the doctor, you could try a few things to remedy it first. Do you need a fair amount of wiping so things are getting irritated? At the very least, it indicates something is not quite right . . . and that is probably your diet. Increase the amount of fiber you eat (more veggies and fruits); drink more water; eat some yogurt every so often.

If you do this for a couple of weeks and it still keeps up, going to the doctor would REALLY be a good idea.

Old 10-24-2003, 06:44 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

suej1946 HB User
I have the spot bleeding also. Im not worried about it. I have diah a lot and sometimes get really sore in that area. I have had half my colon out due to polyps. I get a colonoscopy every 2 yrs. if you have to strain all the time to go to the bathroom thats what it probably is. If your really worried then go see the dr. maybe you need more fiber and can take metamucil to make it easier to go.
good luck.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:53 PM   #12

thumper12us2000 HB User
I have had the same problem and i was told by my doctor and by a few other people to eat lots of vegtables in your diet and it will help well that was three years ago and i have not had a problem since now im no doctor but i i did what was suggested and it worked for me i know veggies are not everyones favorite but it also helps you overcome not liking veggies, and stops the bleading also. Good luck and give it a try atleast for a couple of weeks and see.

Closed Thread