It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 11:34 AM   #1

FireWoman HB User
External Hemorrhoid Options

What surgical or non-surgical options are out there for external hems. I would really rather not have a hemorrhoidectomy if I can help it. I heard the Infrared Cauterization works. Does anyone have any ideas on alternate medical procedures for externals?

Thanks,

Dana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

noinwi HB User
Re: External Hemorrhoid Options

There is an outpatient non-surgical procedure whereby the doctor bands the hemmoroids and they eventually shrivel and drop off. No hospital stay. I suppose it depends on the severity of the problem but you should look into it. Is it a hemmorrhoid or gorged vessel that can be lanced?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #3

FireWoman HB User
Re: External Hemorrhoid Options

I don't have an engorged hemorrhoid (thrombosed) that needs lancing, but it is an external hemorrhoid that (pardon the TMI) just kind of hangs out and bothers me, especially if I walk around a lot. I have looked into the banding, but all of the surgeans said that banding was really for internal hems. It would be too painful to band an external. I am wondering about Infrared Cauterization and if anyone has had this done with their externals?

Thanks for your reply,

Dana

Closed Thread