It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
(male)

greenmyst HB User
Question Hemorrhoid banding, when does this pain stop?

Hello!
Today I had my nasty internal hemorrhoids rubber banded and it hurts so bad. I took a Vicodin, it did nothing, I waited 2 hours and took 4 Advil, helped just a tad, but is already worn off.

Ice doesnt really do much since they are deep inside. I sat in the tub, still kills.

When does this pain let up???? It has been 12 hours since the procedure.

My doc said they would fall off in 24-48 hours and bleed when they fell off. When does the pain stop?? When they fall off?

I had no idea I would be confined to bed and in this much pain.

Can anyone tell me if it will calm down once they fall off?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #2
(male)

greenmyst HB User
Angry Re: Hemorrhoid banding, when does this pain stop?

Nobody replied. I am still in agony.

Any body please help.

or direct me to another message board please....desperate thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #3

FireWoman HB User
Re: Hemorrhoid banding, when does this pain stop?

I am so so sorry for all of your discomfort. I know that my Sister-in-Law had one of hers banded after pregnancy and she said that the discomfort lasted about 3 days. Once they fell off, she was fine. The pain is from the painful blood clot that has been formed due to the tight rubber band placed around the hemorrhoid. Once they fall of, your pain should dramatically improve. I know you are in a lot of pain right now, but just remember, it will be over soon, as opposed to the traditional, when your recovery could be as long as 6 months or so. This is definitely a better way to go. Please keep us informed of your recovery and let us know when you start feeling some relief. By the way, have you called your doctor about this? Did he say when the pain might subside?

Old 01-13-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
(male)

greenmyst HB User

Thank you so much. Its is so nice to get a reply. The pain is a little less, and I cant wait til it falls off. Thank you so much.
Oh I am never doing this again! its evil!! Been in bed for 2 days and the doctor didnt warn me about the recovery time.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #5

FireWoman HB User

Oh ya, that seems to be a common theme on this board. Doctor's don't tell you anything about recovery time, post op instructions etc... I have heard many surgeans say that if they told their patients the horror of any anal surgery, the patient pobably wouldn't go through with it. I think that's pretty tricky and it sets a lot of people up for some serious pain as they were not better prepared for it.

Good luck and keep us (me) updated. I may have to go through a banding in the future and would love to hear about how everything went after "it" fell off.

Take care

Old 01-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #6
(male)

greenmyst HB User
Red face Re: Hemorrhoid banding, when does this pain stop?

Thank you again,

These doctors are really jerks. I should have been told what to expect, and I should never have been allowed to drive home in that severe of pain.
I am still in pain after 4 days.

The doctor lied to me. he said it would take 24-48 hours for the bands to fall off, and that is not true, it takes up to a week.
Mine are still killing me and now my stomach is a wreck from the painkillers.
Nice to loose a week off work for this bulls#it. I should have been told there was a recovery time. All the jacka$$ said was" you may experience some discomfort" big lie!

I hate doctors right now, such egomaniac a$$holes!

No human emotion of the pain and suffering they cause when they mislead and outright lie to suffering patients.

Dont EVER get this banding done unless you are put out and given tons of painkillers beforehand and take every 3 hours afterwards.

Closed Thread